Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama Groups in Dublin?

• 21-09-2004 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey People,

Can someone tell me the name of any good amature drama groups in dublin city. I am mad to join one of them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dublin Youth Theatre is fantastic if your a young un.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Try contacting the Drama League of Ireland

www.dli.ie

or 01 874 9084

They will have a list of all the amateur groups in the country and will be able to recommend one near to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 supernerd

:)Hi hope you're lucky with your search for a drama group, on the subject of drama my youth drama group are looking for a copy of Roddy Doyle's play "Brownbread" if anyone knows where we might be able to get a copy even on loan we would be eternally grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Blue Soul

try the boards drama group on the hosted tab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

As Blue Soul said above, the boards drama group, recently named 'No Drama' theatre group have come together for the same reason as your mail. We are under the hosted forum and as we have only started this summer we are still getting on our feet. We meet every Tuesday in Kennedys on Westland Row at 7pm and would be delighted to meet you there. We have a really good thing going at the mo and are just working on a script one of the lads has edited. Check out the forum and make up your own mind!:D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1089

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItalianPosh

Thanks for the the info on the drama groups - hollywood here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sha Sha

Is this group still up and running? I'd love to get involved..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

There are so many amateur groups in Dublin. The current All Ireland Champions 'Estuary Players' , Ballaghy Players, Cuckoos Nest, Tallaght Theatre group, Sundrive.....
    Go to ADCI.ie or DLI.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sha Sha wrote: »
    Is this group still up and running? I'd love to get involved..

Boards drama group are still runing. :)

http://nodrama.boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭TDiamond

No Drama (boards drama group) are the best thing since sliced bread....really friendly bunch of poeple who welcome you with open arms, hold ossim workshops and put on even ossimer productions........couldn't recommend them highly enough ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Argie28

Hi everybody!! Extremely new here so, hope this message gets ok!!

I´m from Argentina and I´m absolutely desperate for acting!! I´ve found your comments here so if anyone could give some address to go and check some drama society would be great!! (It should be around Dub city centre though)

So, hope to get some news!
    Cheers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

As mentioned above, the boards drama group (No Drama Theatre) are awesome and very welcoming to new members, as I found out last week. :)

Their forum is here and they run a workshop every Tuesday night from 6.45pm until 9.30pm at CBS Synge Street Primary School, which is free the first time.

Feel free to drop into the forum and ask any other questions you may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 louise santry

Hi guys

In response to this thread please see info below...:)

Revival of Oakwood Drama Group
    The longest standing drama group from the Finglas area, Oakwood Drama Group, is hosting an open evening on Thursday 16th September as part of their recruitment drive for new members.
    Oakwood Drama Group, which was founded in 1982, and has staged over 25 plays in the local area, has experienced a decline in membership in recent years.
    Tony Redmond, one of the founding members of the group stated: “Our doors are open for all potential members who are interested in any aspect of drama, whether it be in acting, directing, costumes or making sets we would love to meet you. Drama can be great fun so if you ever considered joining an amateur drama group please come along and bring a friend. All will be very welcome.”
    Membership is open to anyone over 18 regardless of experience. The open evening will take place in St. Helena’s Resource Centre on Thursday 16th September from 8:00pm – 9:00pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CaptainAwesome

Hi, is this drama group still active? Because I would like to get involved - acting or helping out in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 louise santry

Hi there

Thanks for the message. I am just involved in the promotion side of the group. A new director has recently got involved in the group and there are a few new members which is great. We always welcome new members...and no experience is necessary at all.

The group meets every Thursday evening at 8pm in St. Helena's Resource centre which is on St Helena's road. If you go to Tesco's Clearwater and drive out the back exit it brings you on St Helena's Road. Turn right onto this road and then follow the bend around to the left. Immediately on your left is a lane - go down here and the entrance to St Helenas is through a gateway on your right. (Potholes are quite bad on the lane so if you are driving just go easy).

If you have any other questions feel free to drop me an email on oakwooddrama@gmail.com.

Hope that helps!

Louise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KDG

Hey everyone,

Knocklyon Drama Group are in the very early stages of starting up a new drama group and are recruiting new members of all different levels of ability.

You don't have to be from Knocklyon to join, everyone is welcome!

Whether you are interested in the acting, singing, production or managment side of things we'd love to have you aboard. Currently we meet every Tuesday in St.Colmcilles Community School, Knocklyon at 7:30 pm.

Are vision is to meet weekly with the hope of putting on top quality performances and of course having fun in the process.

It's a very exciting time to get involved and join up. The facilities available to us are top notch (and free!) wink.gif

Free Workshops commence Tuesday 8th Februray 2011 and will continue on for a couple of weeks.

If you are interested in coming along to check it out, pop along Tuesdays at 7:30.

If you are looking for more info contact us at:

knocklyondramagroup@gmail.com

Hope to see y'all there!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

Hi,

There is a new group starting in the Exchange in Temple Bar, which will be having it's first night in the coming weeks.

The focus will be on improving the skill set of actors by doing scene work, focusing on and experimenting with different acting methodologies and philosophies.

The project was given the green light yesterday and a definite date should be posted on the exchange website this/next week.

I expect it will be held on a friday evening (depending on scheduling of other events). And will hopefully run every two weeks. The first night will be important in gauging the success of keeping a slot there on a twice a month basis.

Please pm me if you are interested in attending :) It's open to everone..100 percent free.. :) And totally inclusive. So spread the word.. get that grape vine working!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 German_11

the oakwood drama group is still meeting every thursday at 8pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 koph

Hi there

I know this thread is rather old but I was just wondering if anyone knows of any drama groups in south Dublin. Around donnybrook, Sandymount, ranelagh, ballsbridge?

Dublin City Adult Theatre Workshop are starting new weekly drop-in workshops every Monday* in The Lab on Foley St. (beside Connolly Station). Doors open at 6.30, there's tea/coffee/microwave facilities available and the workshop starts at 7. email info@adulttheatreworkshop.com for more info, or PM me :)

*No workshops on bank holidays

• Advertisement
Advertisement