Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane Charged by Police

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ridiculous, he was provoked by a teenager and then grabbed his jewellery or something and broke it.

assault and criminal damage is way over exagerating, we'll probably see a fine at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Little thug!

He gave poor Luis Garcia a fright last night too! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He obviously didnt hit him hard enough to knock any sense into him. I read the supposed account of what happened in the paper last week and it went something like "my innocent little jimmy (not real name , it didnt giv ethe kids name) was going down the road on his moped and saw his hero Roy Keane out beating grannies (beating grannies bit added by me) and Jimmy beeped at him to say hi.

That evil man then hit my Jimmy with his walking stick and tried to knock him off his bike. Then a couple of weeks later he was passing by again and Roy Keane grabbed him and shouted "are you the guy that beeped at me". He said yes and Roy Keane dragged him around and broke his chain.

Cue the "see told you he was scum" brigade.

I'm not Roy Keane's biggest fan but a 16 yr old with jewellry...anyone else thinking thug?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I'm not Roy Keane's biggest fan but a 16 yr old with jewellry...anyone else thinking thug?

yes , but anyone else thinking , why the **** won't you stay out of trouble Roy ?

He probably said (the 16 yr old) 'who do you think you are ' , that always gets Keane going .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

to be honest, i cant see Roy Keane hitting or even going for a 16 year old unless he was severely provoked. He might be a bit crazy but he is far from stupid, and if he just went for the kid unprovoked id be very surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

lol another non-story. Jaysus poor old united are getting it rough at the moment!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Stick in the head roy!...

Draupnir wrote:
    to be honest, i cant see Roy Keane hitting or even going for a 16 year old unless he was severely provoked. He might be a bit crazy but he is far from stupid, and if he just went for the kid unprovoked id be very surprised.

But Keane doesn't exactly have to be provoked much does he ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Big Ears wrote:
    But Keane doesn't exactly have to be provoked much does he ?

What do you base that on?

I,ll wait until the full story is told in court but I would be surprised if Keane launched an unprovoked attack on a teenager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

smemon wrote:
    ridiculous, he was provoked by a teenager and then grabbed his jewellery or something and broke it.

assault and criminal damage is way over exagerating, we'll probably see a fine at most.

How do you know?

Were you there?

The Muppet wrote:
    I,ll wait until the full story is told in court but I would be surprised if Keane launched an unprovoked attack on a teenager.

I actually agree with The Muppet, i'll have to go and lie down ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ya prob some little scumbag chancing his arm, saw his chance to get some money....

BUT you never know there could be more to it, could have been Wright-Phillips, he could pass for a 16 year old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I'm sure it wasnt unprovoked, but Keane should have learned by now not to be so easily provoked.

I heard that the teenager blew the horn on his motorbike or moped as Keane and his dog had just crossed the road, and it frightened the ****e outta the dog! Thats what upset Keane.

Also heard that the teenager didnt want to go to court. A few grand and he would have went away, but so far Keane has refused to give him any money, so they'll get their day in court.

The worst that'll happen to Keane will be a fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Also heard that the teenager didnt want to go to court. A few grand and he would have went away, but so far Keane has refused to give him any money, so they'll get their day in court.
    The worst that'll happen to Keane will be a fine.

Hope so and Keane is right to bring it to court and not be seen as offering a pay off.

Its only going to the magistrates court so a fine is the most likely outcome provided Sepptic Bladder doesn't stick his nose in and demand a life ban. ;)

I actually agree with The Muppet, i'll have to go and lie down ;)

Just don't make a habit of it, that would worry me.

The Muppet wrote:
    What do you base that on?

Keane's book .

and I agree that there would a least be a small amount of provoking for him to 'assault' someone , but he isn't the best at ignoring things .

How do you know?

Were you there?

no i wasnt there but am going on what i hear, how do you know im wrong, were YOU there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

no i wasnt there thats why i dont go shouting my mouth off about it.

no i wasnt there thats why i dont go shouting my mouth off about it.

well in a nutshell, thats what happened and its all over the papers now anyway and has been for the past few days so my post isnt a load of bull as you predicted.

back on topic, keano faces a maximum 6 month jail term. surely utd wont be made a show of again, just wait for sepp blatter to add fuel to the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

smemon wrote:
    and its all over the papers now anyway
    I doubt that very much.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I doubt that very much.

i picked up the star yesterday, front page and page 5 telling exactly what i said above. im sure there are others, i read it originally somewhere else but i dont remember where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

smemon wrote:
    i picked up the star yesterday, front page and page 5 telling exactly what i said above. im sure there are others, i read it originally somewhere else but i dont remember where.

I, like others here I imagine, had some doubts but now that you said you saw your story backed up by the Star, i see that it must be true.

Advertisement