Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Gaming Site (Help!!!)

Options
  • 21-09-2004 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello to all,

I am currently trying to build a website for Irish gamers, to cater for the needs of the irish gaming community. I have already registered the domain and am paying for the hosting. I have also made a templated for the site and have no problem with doing the maintainance on the site.

The problem that I am faced with is this. As much as I would love to have time to play and review every game that gets released. Hense as it stands I am at a shortage for content. Since this site is for Irish gamers, I feal it is only right that they are the ones who get an input into our content. I have already got a few people working on reviews and previews for the site but I need to have as much as possible.

What I am asking is this. If you have played a game and feal that you want to write a review of just give some feedback on it, then please send it on to me. I will post anything that is objectively written and give the author full credit for writing the review on the site. Without community input this site is doomed to failure and will not be able to offfer what we hope it can in the future.

If you have any questions or just want to help getting the ball rolling, then please either PM me or e-mail me at darragh@gamingireland.net

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Site isn't too bad in IE, but you'd want to get it working in both opera and Firefox for starters. Good idea though. Wish you all the best with it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As CrimsonGhost said - best of luck with it, honestly! – I thrive on competition.

As I'm sure smiaras could tell you, you've got a lot of work ahead.

> Me gets up off lazy arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pantera

Thanks for the advice lads, it does look like i have a lot of work to do! Anyway best thing to do is get started. Looks like I will have to stick with my small group of people who have submitted stuff to me already. As regards competition... I have no intention on putting a dent in any other Irish gaming sites, in fact I would rather promote them, to help build a community.

Advertisement