Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Motor, Locked Radio

Options
  • 21-09-2004 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

I have just spent a lengthy time sorting out the ownership of a recently acquired 96 Almera. Now that it is in my name and taxed, I need to unlock the stereo. It powers on and is set to a specific radio station but that's it. It will not respond to any input bar on/off.

I suspect it is code locked. It is a Philips RC248, anyone any ideas on how it can be unlocked back to working order with aminmum of fuss/expenditure?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place BTW.

Cheers,

LD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Normally if a radio is locked it won't tune to any station and the display will simply say "CODE" "SAFE" or have a series of dashes "----" if it has removable buttons it may be a connector fault or the button module might be faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Yup,
    part of the console is detachable. It used to work intermitently and now its buggered. I thought it may have become locked. TBH, I know bugger all about car stereos.

Any ideas?

LD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I would say thats your problem I was looking at some radio decoding forums just now and the philips will say "SAFE" when it's locked. Sometimes the button modules are coded to the set as well TBH I think it will have to go in for repair. unless you can see anything wrong on the connector that you can sort yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If the connectors look in any way corroded, try giving them a rub with very very fine emory cloth and see if this makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭comanche_cor

Is it the origional car radio? If so it is prob just a case of going to a nissan garage. with alot of cars once the battery or anything is disconnected you need to recode the radio?

• Advertisement
Advertisement