Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What 2.1 speakers and headphones

Options
  • 21-09-2004 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Well i've moved into my new house for the college year and the room just isn't suited to a 5.1 or higher set up so i reckon it'll have to be a 2.1 set up.

I don't have any proper sound at the mo, in fact i'm using my mx500 earphones cos i have nothing else!

Now I don't want to spend too much on em cos when i do make a big spend on speakers i'll want it to be at least a 5.1 set up. These are really just to tide me over or for when a room isn't suited to a 5.1 set up.

I'm thinking something from the creative inspire range as they seem good value. What would be your opinions on the best value 2.1 system and where would be the best place to buy it?

Also i'm after a good pair of headphones for when i want to keep the sound to myself. I've been recommended seinheissers already but not a specific model. I wouldn't want to spend too much more than around €50 and i don't want them too bulky cos i'd like to use em with my cd player on the bus or whatever aswell.

And while i'm here i may as well ask. The sound lead part of the output leads that came with my saphire AIW 9800se isn't long enough to reach the line in thats on the front of my shuttle pc. So is it possible to get like a mini jack extension for it? I'd only need about another 20cm or so. I want to set it up so that i can watch tv on my pc using some kind of external arial but I won't have sound without that connected. :rolleyes:

All advice greatly appreciated. I was wonderin whether i should ask about this stuff on the computer forums but i reckon you guys know your sound better. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

dont know much about the computer speakers (i use a hifi amp) anyway on the headphones, yes sennheiser! i have a pair of hd200's and they are brilliant! they are just above the €50 mark at €80! but in the place where i got mine they had the full sennheiser range and i saw a pair at €35 and at €50. i think the models were hd202 and hd212 (they look familiar on the sennheiser site) you cant go wrong with them. yes mini jack extenders are available but the shortest i have seen is 1.5 metres.

hope some of this helps
    moe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

K i saw the px 100's in maplins yesterday for €50. Will i do any better than that elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

they have them in tower at pretty much the same price but you get 10% off with your student card in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Like I did, unlike you. Buying them in Peats for full price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Makaveli wrote:
    Like I did, unlike you. Buying them in Peats for full price.

it was raining, wasnt gonna get wet walkin all the way to tower to get them & i wanted them that weekend :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement