Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepy Hollow

Options
  • 08-01-2000 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

excellent smile.gif

Tim Burton's still got it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Then tell him to give it back tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Indeed, I went to see Sleepy Hollow last night. Great stuff.

Mills

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I saw some Sleepy Hollow models in Sub City today, they have Ichabod and the Horseman - get your own Chris Walken!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 08-01-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Excellent film, visually the most stylish thing I've seen in a long time. Nice and gruesome too, a good old fashioned ghost story smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

When I saw the trailer and saw Tim Burton at the end, I knew it was gonna be a goodie.

And what a goodie sunglasses.gif

I thought it was a great flick.

On a personal note, Christina Ricci's got a great pair of jubblies tongue.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Phoar, wanna' trade pics? tongue.gif

Take a bullet for the prez at: The Grotto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Typical, a debate on the artistic merits of a film descends into a discussion about tits. Having said that, Lisa Marie (Johnny Depp's mother in the flashbacks) had some set smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

The mum in the flashbacks does have the best tits, but christina ricci's are a close second smile.gif

Mills

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

It was great - Johnny Depps complete corward character hiding behind the boy and Christina Ricci was so funny.

And the mum from the flash backs definitly had the best tits.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

anyone seen the billboard for the movie in pearse station in dublin.
    right on the northbound platform at eye level when you get off the train is christina ricci and she is fu(kin huge.
    i mean toooo big
    harVey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yes it was a damm good movie,the sort of stuff id expect from Tim Burton.The music on the other hand by Danny Elfman didnt seem to go with the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The musical score was very "traditional hammer horror movie", which is both a good thing and a bad thing, imho. (Speaking of scores, did anyone notice that watsisname from the Smashing Pumpkins did the soundtrack for Stigmata?)

Good movie. Not a great movie, but it whiled away a few hours in an entertaining manner. The exploding mill annoyed me, though... Since when did villagers store plastic explosive in their mills (other than in the border counties of Ireland?)?

Oh, and the running joke with Johnny Depp fainting wore thin. Very thin.

Tim Burton's direction and "feel" are still ace, though.

Ja,
    Rob

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

While I agree that the mill explosion was too big, I *think* that if you have a lot of fine flamable dust in the air (eg flour) it can explode...I seem to recal reading that it was a problem in empty/half full ceral towers that a small spark could cause an explosion.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

very true draco... there did use to be a big problem with explosions of this sort in grain and flour mills due to the amount of fine dusts inthe air.
    so there

Advertisement