Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface Weaving

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

looks good but with the pressure on the skin i'd say thats a hell of alot more likely to be rejected.
    in fact i really cant see how that would stay in for any length of time...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yea I've seen a few pictures, any of them i've seen were pics of them only done, couldn#t not see them lasting long at all myself

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

wow,thats well class looking,a bit on the oul painful side tho....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'd say it would be unbelieveable tight on the back of the neck though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Lenny wrote:
    I'd say it would be unbelieveable tight on the back of the neck though

I dont get the nape or neck surface piercings myself, they always look irritated and red and it cant be comfortable, not enough payback for the pain, but then all my piercings are hidden and are not for cool factor, more for the ooooh factor ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

despite what people think, the nape piercing is quite painless ( well atleast for me and most of my mates ).

dont see how a weaving would be any worse. looks just like 2 surface piercing joined.

guess ill go into snakebite and talk to them about this sort of piercing

Shazbot wrote:
    despite what people think, the nape piercing is quite painless ( well atleast for me and most of my mates ).

dont see how a weaving would be any worse. looks just like 2 surface piercing joined.

guess ill go into snakebite and talk to them about this sort of piercing

What's it like to sleep on? Does it not irritate when sleeping? I have never seen one that does not look like it is either new and therefore inflamed or looking like it is rejecting and therefore inflamed.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    What's it like to sleep on? Does it not irritate when sleeping? I have never seen one that does not look like it is either new and therefore inflamed or looking like it is rejecting and therefore inflamed.

at the start it was arkward, constantly sleeping on my side or face. but after about a month i could sleep on it fine with no irritation. mine seems to have settled down now. but still needs care.

Shazbot wrote:
    at the start it was arkward, constantly sleeping on my side or face. but after about a month i could sleep on it fine with no irritation. mine seems to have settled down now. but still needs care.

Na gimme lumps of metal through me knob anyday. Personal preference you understand.

that weaving just looks ike it would be pushed out, because of the size of the bar,
    I have my neck done aswellbar in about an inch, its growing out now(after 6 weeks) and is getting noticeable, but when I got it done i was able to fleep on my back the first night it is still red on the right side(point of entry of the needle) am going to pop into snakebit this satuday to get my tounge pierced again and see what they think about my neck weather i should take it out and get it redone or if they could change a smaller bar and hope for it to settle

• Advertisement

shazbot the size of the bar doesn't matter its the fact that it goes out over the skin and then back in again that will be the problem. the part that comes out on top of the skin in the middle will force the parts of the bar on either side upwards and cause it to reject. it looks fine now but i bet you that picture was taken when the piercing was fresh, like i said i really cant see how that would stay in any longer that a few weeks at most.

jesus who the **** gave me bad rep for this thread? i was only giving advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Seraphina wrote:
    jesus who the **** gave me bad rep for this thread? i was only giving advice!

:-(
    There are a lot of morons on boards.ie, Seraphina.

I know, I've got lotsa negative for posting humourious posts to some topics. some people just don't ahve any sense..

Forget the rep thing it is arbitrary and anonymous, I think some people just go through distributing rep to posts they dont like the subject matter of just so that they have given out 20 points so they can load points onto people they dont like, I got it for the Penis Piercing thread and said nowt there that was offensive to anyone that reads the piercing forum I woulda thought, but there you go, just dont pass any heed on it seems to be the best thing.

i went into snakebite and other celestial ring today. both said they dont do weaving as they tend to reject extremely quickly. basicly repeated what seraphina said.

thanks for the input

Advertisement