Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beers

• 21-09-2004 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

whats your favourite?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

dutch gold at home / carlsberg in the pub, tho im aquiring quite a taste for guinness now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Smithwicks in Ireland
    Old Speckled Hen in UK
    kronenbourg 1664 in France
    VB in Oz
    Speights in New Zealand
    Pete's Wicked Ale in USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

I got a weakness for Corona. Pity it's not on tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Erdinger. Or Carlton Cold (anyone know anywhere that sells this in Dublin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

latimer wrote:
    I got a weakness for Corona. Pity it's not on tap.

this guy speaks the truth, failing corona erm i suppose miller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Mmmm, Erdinger. Or Maeve's Crystal Beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Tuborg - The Beer of Danish kings

voted "p1ss in a can" at oxegen 2004 by me and me mates... rough enough

robbie1876 wrote:
    Erdinger. Or Carlton Cold (anyone know anywhere that sells this in Dublin)

I'd reckon one of the ozzie bars like down under or the outback.

(They had the funniest ads on australian TV by miles when i was down there....rules of attraction or something like that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

RuggieBear wrote:
    I'd reckon one of the ozzie bars like down under or the outback.

(They had the funniest ads on australian TV by miles when i was down there....rules of attraction or something like that)
    Eh, yeah I guess that would make sense. Here, have a pint of karma on me.

Carlton Cold ads make the stuff even sweeter to drink, agree with you there. It's what I miss about oz the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Pub: If im not drinking heavy, Guinness.
    Home and going out for night: Budwieser
    When feeling REALLY cheap(not done in ages) and going out for night: 6 bottles for 7e in lidl.

mise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Osku-82

Stella Artois for the imported beers and Lapin Kulta of the Finnish beers. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Miller but of late ive gone off it a bit... Corona is teh shiat ! The shiat being a good thing of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bunnyefey

Lapin Kulta when having a sauna in Sweden*drools*

Tusky wrote:
    Miller but of late ive gone off it a bit... Corona is teh shiat ! The shiat being a good thing of course.

Yeah! Corona and Lime is a good auld drink....discovered it in a Jazz club in Boston....Class!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I am a Smithwicks drinker. If it is not available My next choice would be Carlsberg. I was in England last weekend. One night I was on Carlsberg and the next I was drinking Kronenbourg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Corona, San Miguel and plain ol' bud.

Hint: When drinking at home, buy 3-4 nice beers, and the rest in crap beer. You will barely notice or care.

Giblet wrote:

Hint: When drinking at home, buy 3-4 nice beers, and the rest in crap beer. You will barely notice or care.

Actually, that is something i never thought of.... :D Good advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Have to concur on the Corona. In fact I just found a buideal I had left in the fridge from last w/e :D

I had a thing for Coors light for a while but I'm over it now.

Best beer in the world? Shiner Bock: a texan dark lager that I've yet to see outside of the southern US. Shame...

[edit]BTW to the guy saying about the lime in your corona: in mexico it's to keep the flies out of your refreshment. Anywhere else it's for pose factor.

Wertz wrote:
    [edit]BTW to the guy saying about the lime in your corona: in mexico it's to keep the flies out of your refreshment. Anywhere else it's for pose factor.

It that true? about the flys? never thought about it tbh. I always push it in....isn't that what your supposed to do!? I love the taste of lime in my corona...

What sort of twat takes the lime out, slurps some beer and then replaces lime(outside of mexico, that is, where it seems to be neccessary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I asked a few bar people when I lived in texas, why it was popular and a few came up with this. It makes sense but I've also been told that it's simply for the taste. If the wedge is cut right you should be able to drink past it while it stays in the upper neck of the bottle.

BTW for anyone that likes Corona, her'es one to ponder:

Why do mexicans pee in bottles? So they can stick a lime in it and sell it to yuppies...

• Advertisement

Wertz wrote:
    I asked a few bar people when I lived in texas, why it was popular and a few came up with this. It makes sense but I've also been told that it's simply for the taste. If the wedge is cut right you should be able to drink past it while it stays in the upper neck of the bottle.

BTW for anyone that likes Corona, her'es one to ponder:

Why do mexicans pee in bottles? So they can stick a lime in it and sell it to yuppies...

lol....it's still nice pee and it gets me drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Giblet wrote:

This simple, yet logically faultless, tip could save the average beer drinker thousands over the course of their career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Guinness if its cold or I'm on an empty stomach, normally Bulmers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Wertz wrote:

Q. Why is American beer like having sex in a canoe?

A. They're both f#*king close to water

(a Canadian told me that one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Bunnyefey wrote:
    Lapin Kulta when having a sauna in Sweden*drools*
    I prefer Karhu if drinking finnish beer. I have bad reactions to beer though (stomach and skin). So I usually drink Guiness (If im in an Irish pub where they know how to pour it), or ill get a cider like upcider or that swedish brand (which I cant remember, its in a black can).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Giblet wrote:

omfg. Thats genius.

When drinking at home, buy 3-4 nice beers, and the rest in crap beer. You will barely notice or care.
    I think you'll notice the next day after mixing nice beer with crap beer.

might be better drinking some kind of shot before the crappy beer

liquer then beer all clear
    beer then liquer never sicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Normally Franziskaner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Duvel or Satan Gold if I'm at home, if I'm out, whatever decent bottled beer they have. None of this bud ****e for me, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

hoegaarden - the best of all beers!

BTW does anyone know where I can buy a case of Hoegaarden Blanche in Dublin or even online?

cheers,
    /Kone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bunnyefey

Unpossible wrote:
    I prefer Karhu if drinking finnish beer. I have bad reactions to beer though (stomach and skin). So I usually drink Guiness (If im in an Irish pub where they know how to pour it), or ill get a cider like upcider or that swedish brand (which I cant remember, its in a black can).

Oh man, if we were talking about CIDER then I would have mentioned the Swedish Cider with all the yummy flavours(also in black can, maybe were talking about the same thing?). Now they are simply DIVINE right? As a general rule, I only drink Beer in the Sauna so I can be "hard" like the guys*flexes muscles* The rest of the time its that yummy cider ALL the way*drools* Can't wait to get back to Sweden (4 weeks!!!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Kopparberg maybe. Never seen it in a can though.

Im a strictly Heineken man. Although Erdinger isnt bad and that cheap stuff from Aldi, think its called finkbrau is suprisingly nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Kone wrote:
    hoegaarden - the best of all beers!

BTW does anyone know where I can buy a case of Hoegaarden Blanche in Dublin or even online?

cheers,
    /Kone

I believe I have seen that in Molloys on the Clonsilla Road in Dublin 15, if not there, then try McHughs on the Malahide Road in Artane, opposite the Esso station, if they don't have it, then they will get it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Stella draught. If not Stella cans. Occasionally Guinness. Bulmers if I've got a thirst on. Damn, I can feel a thirst developing now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Guinness is great if there's nothing else I like.
    Duvel is very tasty, 8.5% and most decent offlicences stock it.
    Hoegaarden is rather nice, but the closest to pisswater that beligian beers get.
    Leffe is absolutely beautiful! 6.6% and tastes absolutely divine.
    Delerium Tremens and Delerium Nocturnum, both rather fruity and very strong.
    Rochefort is amazingly strong at 11.3% but it's rather expensive.
    Het Kapitel is another strong one at 10%, but this one I'd recommend over the Rochefort, much nicer altogether.
    Chimay is rather nice, but rather expensive too.
    Franziskaner is nice enough, but wouldn't be gone on it.

That's a good few beers that I like.

• Advertisement

I would have mentioned the Swedish Cider with all the yummy flavours(also in black can, maybe were talking about the same thing?)
    I think we are ill probably be buying some tomorrow so ill get the name. Most finns seem to drink cider so you dont have to look tough while in a sauna.

I had forgotten about erdinger, tis one of the best imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 SlayerIRL

Grolsch. Haven't had it in ages though. You can put the lid back on the bottle and put the rest back in the fridge if you don't feel like finishing it feckin' genius :D Otherwise Heineken (kinda gone off it a bit though) or Corona.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

In pubs, usually Smithwicks or the occasional bottle of Bulmers.

At home, usually the 500ml bottles of Bergadler Pils from Lidl (6 for €7 ain't bad :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hyperali

im a budweiser girl but in germany you can drink as much beer as you want and you will never get a hangover cos its brewed naturally not full of chemicals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

hyperali wrote:
    im a budweiser girl but in germany you can drink as much beer as you want and you will never get a hangover cos its brewed naturally not full of chemicals

Was in Bavaria for a couple of weeks and can vouch for the accuracy of this.
    Would drink 6-7 half liter bolttles and then head into the Bierfest for a rake of 1L rounds...
    Repeated X 12 days.

Never felt like daisys the next day but wasn't in a bad way at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

hyperali wrote:

wonder if ryanair are flyin there cheap atm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

On the town it's Guinness all the way, for a house party or drinking at home Carlsberg if i'm just after getting paid, or Tuborg 6 for 7 euros in all good offies.
    But for some thing like a bbq during the summer it would have to be Tiger beer or Haans(from oz). Mmmmmm goes down a treat...Wouldn't mind one right now.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

hyperali wrote:
    Hangovers are from dehydration, but the rule is the purer the alcohol the less the hangover, ie spirts like vodka

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I believe I have seen that in Molloys on the Clonsilla Road in Dublin 15, if not there, then try McHughs on the Malahide Road in Artane, opposite the Esso station, if they don't have it, then they will get it for you.

Cheers mate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Osku-82 wrote:
    Stella Artois for the imported beers and Lapin Kulta of the Finnish beers. :D

A few of the Finns in work refer to Lapin Kulta as 'Reindeer Piss'... which it does taste like... nothing special...

It gots to be the Erdinger at the top of the list:

Erdinger
    Corona
    Heineken
    Miller
    Speights (Great kiwi beer, hard to get here though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

hyperali wrote:
    plus it doesn't taste like piss! i can't stand the taste of beer in ireland, but here in germany it's a much different story

Advertisement