Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to landline...

• 21-09-2004 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

ordered IBB ripwave last month, got the modem and been struggling with it for the past 20 days with intermittent connection problems, and looks like i live a dark spot (Middle Abbey Street), looks like i'll have no other option except to get Eicom or IOL.

My question is, my apartment already has a phone connector. Is there a way to find out the telephone number? so that i can reconnect the land line, thru eircom.ie.

Is there any site, i can find out whether my area is enabled for DSL. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

If you have a soft dial tone dial 199000 and the number will be read back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 dach

bender wrote:
    ordered IBB ripwave last month, got the modem and been struggling with it for the past 20 days with intermittent connection problems, and looks like i live a dark spot

Bender-I've been looking for Ripwave Reviews as I am in the same position as yourself.
    I have an inactive Eircom line but because I'm on a tight budget the Ripwave appealed.
    I fall just outside the arc on the coverage map.
    Did they assure you that you'd have a good connection or did they make any promises at all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

dach wrote:
    Bender-I've been looking for Ripwave Reviews as I am in the same position as yourself.
    I have an inactive Eircom line but because I'm on a tight budget the Ripwave appealed.
    I fall just outside the arc on the coverage map.
    Did they assure you that you'd have a good connection or did they make any promises at all ?

asaik, they didnt make any promises, just that i live in their coverage area. Also, as with any wireless, they would be some balck spots. So, looks like i'll have to pay the old line rental afterall.

Was betting on Ripwave so much. C'est la vie

Advertisement