Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 Server Logon problem

Options
  • 21-09-2004 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have just reinstalled Win2K Server Service Pack 1 on a Dell Poweredge 2450. I recreated the Array and I could boot the Server. I installed PC Anywhere and rebooted, when it came to the Login Prompt, I got an error message ' The Logon interface DLL C:\winnt\system32\awgina.dll failed to load.Contact your System Administrator. I have to access the registry and delete a particular key relating to PC Anywhere.

I then rebooted in Last known good configuration, Safe Mode with Networking, Debugging mode, and got the same error. When I boot in Safe Mode, I get to the login prompt, but it tells me 'Unable to log you on because the netlogon service is not running on this machine'.

Any ideas?? Is there a way I can access the registry and delete the key I need to??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

You need to uninstall PC Anywhere...it's installed it's own GINA and disabled the Windows GINA.

Microsoft do not support any other GINA other than msgina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

If memory serves me right, what you need to do is uninstall PC-Anywhere like Colm said, reboot. Re-installed PC-Anywhere, but make sure you run liveupdate during the install when prompted. Otherwise when you rebbot after install you get this error message.

Advertisement