Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CJD as US coverup?

• 22-09-2004 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

Watching sky news tonight I heard total CJD deaths was 143 in UK. Cost of destroyed cattle - billions. Afaik in the US officially this never happened to US beef. Did a quick google and found this:
    http://millennium-debate.org/ind7ap044.htm
    Reckon the men in black are stifling the truth here - $100-200 billion to be saved with the cost of 600 - 800 lives - I have a hunch this is indeed the case... Of course I have no proof of this - just a theory.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

It's things like this that make me glad I'm vegetarian. :D

But seriously, a friend's cousin lives in America, and her father is a doctor, and he advises his kids not to get blood transfusions unless absolutely necessary, as there is a high risk of contracting CJD there. :confused:

I don't know how valid that opinion is, but it's what he says...Scary, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Pet wrote:
    It's things like this that make me glad I'm vegetarian. :D

But seriously, a friend's cousin lives in America, and her father is a doctor, and he advises his kids not to get blood transfusions unless absolutely necessary, as there is a high risk of contracting CJD there. :confused:

I don't know how valid that opinion is, but it's what he says...Scary, eh?
    That's definitley sinister. Sounds to me like US govt has issued soviet style press blanket on this. People know can't speak about it just give vague warnings etc.

[EDIT] Only returned to red-meat about 2 years ago. I realised the unlikehood of getting cjd. That is what inspired the conspiracy theory - deaths - vs Cost. As far as I'm concerned I just have no evidence to the contrary...

If the truth comes out... Yes we did have a coverup - this cost 800 lives and saved Uncle Sam $99,455,122,393 people will still vote for this :( [/EDIT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'm not sure about CJD but in the US there is supposed to be a greater amount or animals with Mad cow disease. The reason they are not found is because there is very little testing for these diseases. In Ireland (and the rest of europe) , every animal is tested before being killed and then (i think) twice a year before that. More if a farm near you is infected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

matrim wrote:
    I'm not sure about CJD but in the US there is supposed to be a greater amount or animals with Mad cow disease.

CJD is the name given to mad cow disease when a human has it!

Advertisement