Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD multi regions

Options
  • 06-02-2000 4:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Are DVD-ROM drives for the computer affected
    by the same region encoding that regular
    home players are? If I buy a NTSC Region 1
    disc from the States will it play on my
    computer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

should do

only some creative players have region coding built into them, all others are a breeze to crack, even easier if u run soft dvd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 str8eiht

Thanks.

But....

Assuming i know nothing, re-write your reply

By cracking u mean removing the multi-region
    lock-outs?, and just where do i get the soft
    ware to run the movies anyway? The drive
    i'm gettin (a pioneer), is an OEM version
    that comes with NO software, where can
    i get DVD software + cracks?

[This message has been edited by str8eiht (edited 07-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well if your getting the pioneer a03 nice little slot in drive your away in a hack. I got it and its a lovely drive nice quite and fast. It normally come region free. It has a jumper on the back that once removed the next region disc you put in sets the player to that region for good (unless you want to send it back to pioneer). Moral of the story don't remove that jumper. Then just get some get some free region cracking software for your software player.

KaYoS

Cool thanks Kayos. But...Where do i get this
    region craking software?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Try to keep up - U DON'T NEED A HACK WITH YOUR DRIVE! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

okay - so what if you buy an actual dvd player, ie not one for your pc.
    if it is "regioned" can it be fixed to run dvds from any region ?
    is it worth the extra £100 for a player which is not regioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Gerry

can you get me a dvd rom drive too?

ok, cool, NOW, does anyone know where i can play the demo of Quake 3 online?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

You can get it 'chipped' like a playstation, but as usual, it invalidate the warrenty, and if it is not done properly, it will screw up your player.

Draco

Advertisement