Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband issues in 046 area

• 22-09-2004 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I had patchy connectivity on Monday and no connectivity yesterday.

I called Eircom's ADSL support and was told there are problems in the 046 (Navan) area code. Users are being moved to a new server in batches to restore connectivity.

They couldn't give me an ETA
    They dont have anything like a status board where you can check connectivity either.

All this information for only 33c per minute.

Great service :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

I am also experiencing similar problems since the weekend, in Navan 046 exchange but with UTV.

Constantly loosing the connection to the DNS servers, I contacted UTV support and was told that they were aware of some local issues and would have them looked into.

I just managed to get reconnected this evening. so far so good, but its only been 45 mins LOL.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Connection is up and down again this evening
    get 30min without problems and then everything just stops

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Crumble wrote:
    I am also experiencing similar problems since the weekend, in Navan 046 exchange but with UTV.

Constantly loosing the connection to the DNS servers, I contacted UTV support and was told that they were aware of some local issues and would have them looked into.

I just managed to get reconnected this evening. so far so good, but its only been 45 mins LOL.

Sean

There was a general problem with Clicksilver from lunchtime until about 7pm so this probably accounted for your difficulties today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chris_d_rat

I am having the very same problem with eircom. Im in Navan also. I have been on the phone about a dozen times complaining. This is not good enough. The connection dies during online convesations and downloads which really gets my goat. Anyone have any clue as to when it will be fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

ha, eircom bull****! the broke a fiber cable cutting off 046 046 areas.
    knocking off eircom, utv and iol customers, and didnt tell anyone...

• Advertisement
Advertisement