Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Ebay Style Site

• 22-09-2004 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

www.blitzday.com i just signed up, might be interesting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Could be good, but I see already the rip-off culture spreading to this too. A 256M mp3 player for €90, seems a tad expensive to me. I hope this doesn't become just an extention of buyandsell, in which case you'll get no real bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Looks like another ebid.ie (i'm blind from all the yellow!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

DukeDredd wrote:
    Looks like another ebid.ie (i'm blind from all the yellow!)

I rememeber seeing that ebid wagon on the late late show a couple of years back after they'd only had their website up for a few months. She was bragging on about how the company was worth £20 million.

I rememeber thinking, "What a ****ing retard."

And looking at the tiny amount of auctions on ebid at the moment, I was right.

/end rant

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mmm, all the computer & networking stuff is dead. Tis a shame, was a reasonable price on a laptop (the first Dell), but a ripoff for the IBM.

Might be worth a look again in a few months to see if it's picked up any speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

It probably wont pick up speed unless punters start bidding and selling though. Ive put some stuff up there that im looking to get rid of. Would be very cool to have a decent Ebay style auctioning site where you know you could afford the shipping etc on anything there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Craigs list (successful in the US) have a dublin portal now - could be good for buying/selling
    http://dublin.craigslist.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The admin could do with a few lessons in marketing and also possibly a personality transplant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

A policy on selling illegal goods would be nice too...

Garfield: The Movie; Now on DVD. Except that its not until November actually... Plus the "Region Free" bit is a dead giveaway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

A policy on selling illegal goods would be nice too...

Garfield: The Movie; Now on DVD. Except that its not until November actually... Plus the "Region Free" bit is a dead giveaway...

complain directly the seller is also the site admin.
    froot@
    frodoroot@
    any variants of that belong to the site admin.

Advertisement