Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP64 For x64 edition Just Arrived Today

Options
  • 22-09-2004 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Ah just got a nice package sent to me by microsoft today Windows XP64 x64 edition specifically for Athlon64's and the new p4's that are 64bit enabled, pre-relaese edition, apparently now i am a registered tester for it :) cool. Only cost me $3 for shipping

I cant wait to see what its like, i can only find drivers for my via chipset and x800 adn sisoft64 to run on it, gonna try some benchmarking with it, aparently its supposed to be up to 20% faster on certain applications like divx encoding etc. Gona install it 2nite , let u know if its any gud :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

would it be illegal to copy it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Hmm i dont know :)

What are u suggesting, hahahah

u'd have to get your own product key though, if u can find a product key , i mite be able to help u out

u can get the downloaded copy off the microsoft website i think, must check it out

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah I got it a while back....was pretty poor due to the lack of drivers. I heard a month or so back it was pretty close to overtaking the 32bit version. Be interesting to see how you get on. Its not going be offically available until 1st quater next year.

yeh but they added a few patches to this release thats why it took ages to deliver to me,

Should be really gud, i'll keep u posted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

I had it installed on my new computer first but at the time(two weeks ago) they didnt have x800 drivers , you can download it free off the microsoft web site for a years trial as its still a beta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

My mate got it months ago, have they released sound drivers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

you can copy it, its only beta, I got that ages ago, downloaded from M$, not much use really yet, not fully compatible with 32bit software, alot of drivers aint out yet, specially via sound driver is not out at all, not even beta! this edition is a 360days trial! i had it installed and took it off 2 hours later, theres no anti virus works in it yet unless you get in the beta programme, couldnt be bother with it!

Advertisement