Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Year's Grace Poll

• 22-09-2004 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Time to decide on a Year's Grace Definition.

1) The season after you complete your exams
    Will include people repeating externally
    2) The season after you complete your lectures
    Will exclude people repeating externally
    3) Some other definition.

4) Each archer is eligable to shoot for 5 seasons from (and including) their first season of competition.

The years grace should be defined as: 5 votes

The Season after your exams
    0% 0 votes
    The Season after your lectures
    100% 5 votes
    Something other definition
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

hmm, noticed something on the Sagittarius site, in the US they use a system that you are eligable to shoot for the 5 years from your first compeition, i.e you can shoot for 5 seasons, that seems another good option. It stops people who leave and come back to college or who stay on doing masters and phd's from domination for ages. is there a way to change the poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PronsiasPenguin

Don't forget medicine is a 6 year course!! If a med student started in first year, a five year rule would exclude them in final year.........maybe a good thing....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Apparently the poll can't be edited. So that kinda sucks. But anyhow I'd be against a 5 year limit.

But wouldn't the pole entirely eliminate someone who starts a research masters or phd? Maybe I'm being pedantic but don't they not have lectures (unless they lecture) or exams?

Anyhow I dunno what's best yet. I'll think about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

How does it all correlate to registration in college and conferring?

For postgraduates, you can submit thesis only if you are registered (paid college fees). But conferring can be few months after thesis submission. I know a person whose conferring was 2 years after submission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Bollocks to the 5 year rule, Im doing a masters and want to be able to compete :)

• Advertisement

OK, forget the poll.

"All students enrolled in a full time course are eligable to shoot. Also those who were enrolled in a full time course on the 1st Janurary of the a year can shoot in the season that starts in that year."

The would mean undergraduates and full time postgrads can shoot, and if you were enrolled in a full time course on the 1st Jan 2004, you can shoot in the 2004-2005 season. The conferring counts for nothing, when your finished exams, your finished. This would also mean the students repeating externally can shoot as normal, as they are enrolled in a full time course.

Also was just thinking, many people take a year out and travel after they finish. Should we allow people to defer their years grace for one year. I think its pretty fair, what do ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

That sounds fair. You'd have to limit it to within two years of graduating though so you don't have people coming back after 5 years and wrecking the whole system. Plus the longer you're out of college, the less actual affiliation you have with any team.

ya, you could defer it for one year only,

Advertisement