Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if...?

Options
  • 22-09-2004 12:39pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at electoral-vote.com today, and it shows kerry is leading again. Now, according to the site, you need 270 electoral colleges to win, and kerry has 269, bush has 253 and there are 16 undecided.

Unless my maths is totally screwy, if the 2 states undecided vote Bush, and he gets the 16 colleges, that gives him 269, leaving the two completely tied.

Its unlikely to happen that both tie, but its a possibility, so does anyone know what happens in such a situation? Does Congress cast the 1 deciding vote? Is it re-taken? I wonder if its ever happened before.

flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

In the event of a tie, the person whos dad managed to get the most supreme court judges wins. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

Zogby, the polling group say that in the event of a tie, the US House of Representatives decide the outcome. The race is so tight that its not completely out of the realms of possibility :eek:

link

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Which means it goes to Bush cos the Evil Incarnate Party will hold the House of Reps.

Advertisement