Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compsoc!!

• 22-09-2004 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Yes its that time of year again With my favourite question:

When's Compsoc back??

btw steven the comps in A307 are
    p4 2.8ghz
    512mb ram
    intergrated graphics card
    but have directx 9c

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Integrated Intel Extremely ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i got the compsoci account re-enabled a few mins ago so im gonna test to see which of the old games are working on the new operating system for tomorrow ( clubs and socs day ). hopefully all works the same as it did last year if not better. compsoc account has not been re-enabled yet but if people show up im sure i could get it back working for a while. both accounts will not be re-enabled permanently until i get the list of new and past/current members together and emailed off to Head of Computer Services ( Fergal ) along with our wishes for the year.

the machines have a 64mb integrated graphics card, althought ive seen 16mb cards perform better ;) nice one intel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just wondering compsoccy starting back tonight? or was i hearing things again last thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Steve just told me that it's starting tonight at 5. But i don't know if its going to be a big turn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

did anyone see the new keyboards in 307? they have built in card readers for (i'd imagine) your student cards. maybe so they can keep track of who exactly is using each compsoc account??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Edited to reflect policy, please read the boards.ie policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Card readers are CF or MMC/SD readers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

NakedDex wrote:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I wouldn't get too excited about new games for now, with the update to xp it seems that the current drivers don't properly support t&l and so we won't be able to play either. Also DOW would work with the drivers updated if that can be done, it works on my computer fine so the lab shouldn't be a problem.

To be honest i don't think strategy games are a good idea any more, can anyone remember what starcraft did to compsoc 2 years ago?

Also i don't think it's too good an idea to be directly relating compsoc to cracking games on a public forum, we want a trouble free year this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Also i don't think it's too good an idea to be directly relating compsoc to cracking games on a public forum, we want a trouble free year this year.
    Do it in your own forum ;)

Also, if anyone wants it, I've a nifty 184MB demo of NFS; Underground. All I need is an address to send it to / upload it to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I wouldn't get too excited about new games for now, with the update to xp it seems that the current drivers don't properly support t&l and so we won't be able to play either. Also DOW would work with the drivers updated if that can be done, it works on my computer fine so the lab shouldn't be a problem.

To be honest i don't think strategy games are a good idea any more, can anyone remember what starcraft did to compsoc 2 years ago?

No, he is totally correct. Cracking software is in breech of boards.ie rules. I should have picked up on this myself. Cheers Dogboy.

Other posts have been edited to reflect this.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

cheers for picking up on that ivan. Keep the conversation to a private matter, e.g. use netsoc or pm.

Advertisement