Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed South East Beerage...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Mossy is pretty much looking like a no show (dont count me out yet though)

he went to a doctor today with leg problems and he literally can barely walk. told to rest for 10 days and only move when nature calls by mr. medicine man

Tell Mossy he won't need to walk - we will go to the bar for him and get his drinks and will sit right next to the toilet so he won't have far to go when he needs to go!!

List so far:

Climaxer (Gemma) - def
    + smoke-me-a-kipper (Ciaran) - def
    Mossy Monk - def
    Fozzle - def

Come on we need more people!!!!!!

Will we say 8:30 in Downses - how will we recognise each other?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ill be working till 11 on friday nite. :( would only be able to go out then. also im afraid i cant be 100% on that even. might have to bring my brother home from work to tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

is it this friday in downses?

I might pop along to say hey

Is anyone going to be def there for 8:30ish, if not will give it a miss myself. No point in having a boards beers on my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I'll (Mary btw) be in Waterford by 8.00 by at the latest so I'm a definate. Come on folks, what could be more fun than meeting strangers you met over the internet?!

• Advertisement

fozzle wrote:
    I'll (Mary btw) be in Waterford by 8.00 by at the latest so I'm a definate. Come on folks, what could be more fun than meeting strangers you met over the internet?!

Mary looks like its just us girls then. Will we say 8:30 then in Downses. Think Quigs snr is def too - will pm him and find out.

Fair enough, their loss!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ahh feckin typical..

All these lovely ladies and I cant go.. :(

Tox

im trying to arrange so i can go... doing my best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Possibly could make it , depending on whether i can get off work or not. I ll defo be there before the end of the night

• Advertisement

Id like to pop along but im new on boards and know no one. Im a bit on the shy side and would feel weird walking into a pub looking for a couple of strangers that i don't even know what they look like. :confused:

Is it strictly boards or can i drag someone along with me?

Pixie ;)

if i go, ill be doing the very same. except ill be an hours drive from home, and be on my own :eek: you can drag someone. its actually great fun, going out with people you dont know. ive done it a few times with boards beers. all of my friends think im mad for doing it.

Id like to pop along but im new on boards and know no one. Im a bit on the shy side and would feel weird walking into a pub looking for a couple of strangers that i don't even know what they look like. :confused:

Is it strictly boards or can i drag someone along with me?

Pixie ;)

Of course you can drag someone along. We are hoping to meet at 8:30 - myself and fozzle and quigs snr. I'll pm you my mobile no and a pic so you won't be so freaked out or maybe that'll make you worse!!

I havn't met anyone from boards either but have met lots of cyberbuddies from the parenting site I use and havn't have to say they were all dead on.

For anyone coming late doubt if we'll stay in Downses all night but we'll let the barman know where we're heading....maybe the Forum?

Well the forum sounds good to me! :D

Don't worry pixie student, most of my friends I made in college were from the college boards, I'll admit meet-ups can be scary but I've never met people I didn't come to like at one. Anyone I know off boardsy I knew in the time before so I'll be meeting new folks tonight too! Come along, and of course your friend can come!

Now I just have to figure out my transport, bus through Cahir or train from Kilkenny... *ponders*

Aw girls thanks a million for being so nice ;)

i'm going for a few college drinkies now so hopefully i'll stil be able to stand by the time 8.30 comes.

@Climaxer.. Don't worry you didnt freak me out, at least i'll be able to look out for someone. I have your number anyways so i'll let you know a bit later on if i'll be there.

@fozzle.. Get the train, buses are horrible.. especially if your travelling on your own! Well i dont know about you but i think i attract strange smelly people that ALWAYS sit next to me. :eek:

Talk soon,
    Pixie x

Train it is! I shall see ye laster, my dears! Anyone else that's around, wander in at some stage, even if it's only for half an hour!

dont suppose someone could pm me their number (im not a feckin stalker!!) so when im finished work at 11 i could come and fine ye. damn aol and stupid work!!!

Doesnt look like i'll be making it :(

All my mates want to go to the stupid local.. boring people never venture into town when i need them to.

Let me know how the nite goes.. & if i make it into town i'll txt you climaxer!

Pixie :(

shur just come into town anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

wahey, sitting at home now contemplating round 2 with mr. useless medicine man in the morning :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Well guys, how did the night go???

You feeling any better Mossy Monk?

was a good night [i thought] would have enjoyed it alot more if i was drinking. damn driving.

Well myself, Quigs Snr and Fozzle turned up at 8:30ish and had a great chat despite the blaring brass band. SMAK arrived around 12 and shortly after we headed up to the Forum. The Forum was crap but the company was good ;) . I think the next meet-up we should all try get out early and maybe even have a meal beforehand and def head into town. Also Saturday night next time too as Friday I'm always so wrecked after the whole week working. Anyway lovely to put faces to the names and hopefully we'll see a few more faces the next time.

so whens the next beers?

so whens the next beers?

Maybe a months time - Sat, 20th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

I'll try make the next one, promise :)

ill try to make drinking @ the next one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

originally by smoke me a kipper
    "dont suppose someone could pm me their number (im not a feckin stalker!!) so when im finished work at 11 i could come and fine ye. damn aol and stupid work!!!
    heh heh yea your not a stalker , last time i pm`d you my number you turned up at my house and slept under my table :D

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    heh heh yea your not a stalker , last time i pm`d you my number you turned up at my house and slept under my table biggrin.gif
    i found birthday candles in my pockets getting up too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

heh cool , how come that link you have there didnt open?

Advertisement