Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz Sit n Go Today

Options
  • 22-09-2004 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

What's the craic like in there during the week? Are there as many sit n go's happening, for instance today, as there would be on a Thurs/Fri? I'm thinking of heading in for a game around 6 today...

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Most are on from Thursday to Sunday. If there are bodies there they'll run a game but it tends to be a bit dead mid week...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Many heading in today for some action? DeV I'm looking at you.....and I'm guessing you'll be the first person I spot upon entry!?!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Most likely. I've been doing reasonably well in them lately... certainly more successes there then in the big tournies lately. I'm beginning to prefer the smaller tournies that play more often like SNG's as I can win more then 1 in 6 of them and so make a nice profit. Its not big money by any stretch of the imagination but its certainly beer and pizza money! And its cheap poker.

I'll be in today to play alright, have to have a quiet chat with Luke first though so I might sit out the first one/two.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

As i haven't played a live game in over a month, im thinking of the freeroll and no rebuys!! What time is it starting at 9.30?

Im gonna head in tonight and play some cards one way or another!

DeVore wrote:
    Most likely. I've been doing reasonably well in them lately... certainly more successes there then in the big tournies lately. I'm beginning to prefer the smaller tournies that play more often like SNG's as I can win more then 1 in 6 of them and so make a nice profit. Its not big money by any stretch of the imagination but its certainly beer and pizza money! And its cheap poker.

I'll be in today to play alright, have to have a quiet chat with Luke first though so I might sit out the first one/two.

DeV.
    First one/two you'll sit out eh? You'll probably have 2 games played so by the time I get there circa 5:30! ;)

As for having more success I'm the same. I get nothing in the MTT's - well I've only played 5 so far, have had one final table, and was 11th last night - whereas with the sng's I'm up a bit. As you say it's not massive money, but I'd rather earn that much than lose that much!!

• Advertisement

I've been keeping my head above water in the bigger tournies but nothing more really, I've won about 6K in them but spent about 5K I guess so ... *shrug*.
    Its a really nice feeling to walk out a tournie winner but what killed me recently was the 50/50 game where I played my heart out, did REALLY well considering the muck I was dealt got to the final table and got blown out by a foul beat and won my stake back. Easily 60 people sat down at it and despite getting 6th I only won my stake back. To make a decent chunk I would have had to come 4th or better at least.
    4th out of 60 reasonably good players is very unlikely, to be fair and is insufficent reward to keep me coming back. In which case I'm just playing because I enjoy the banter and craic and theres much more of that in the SNG's. If I want to try to make money I think the cash games are more the way to go (or play online I guess).

I'm beginning to really enjoy the cash games and liking Omaha. Which is scary :)

DeV.

ps: Cue JP and Bohsman arriving on this thread to claim me as a new convert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

DeVore wrote:
    I'm beginning to really enjoy the cash games and liking Omaha.

This pleases Juan Pablo.

Omaha is where the green is in the cash games. As little as three hands a night and you could turn 50 into 500. Especially if there are a few "All in Asians" at the table. Look how well Oscar is doing! :D

I must admit I'm fast becoming an Omaha convert myself. Not because I'm good at it, just because the pots and the action flow. I quite enjoyed the sng we did last week with half n half holdem/omaha. Anyone up for one of those today?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I'll be down around 5.30 and wouldn't mind playing a half and half game alright. Might as well learn it on the cheap in a sit n go rather than a cash game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I'd love to but I wont be around this evening. Im sure you'll get a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

well my hot streaks over, got myself a new pc and a bit of beer money but ill be laying of the cash games for a while. omaha is a sick game no two ways about it, nuts on the flop rarely hold up so you have to bet the fnuk out of it and people will stay on their draws. you get payed when youre hitting but the ups and downs are massive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Don't worry young Oscar. It'll come back. And sure, we still love you. That's we as in The Dream Team. Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Edmundo

You heading in today Dirkey? Anyone else DeVore, Juan Pablo? What time should I be there to catch the first SnG game?

Off to London today I'm afraid, otherwise you could bet I would have been there! When I do head in I usually go in for about 5:30...there's usually either a game in progress or one close to starting.

Advertisement