Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker chips and Game

Options
  • 22-09-2004 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Three of us are in Dublin this weekend for the match (Mayo to win!!!) We're making it a good weekend and are looking to play poker. - Nothing big mind.

But we have a couple fo questions -

What clubs are best for casual players?
    Is there a dress code? and is there any "membership" requirements?

Also does anyone know where you can get decent chips in Dublin, preferably in a case. All that I can find down here is cheap nasty crap.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

1. Fitzwilliam or Merrion Club both are good and just around the corner from each other - Merrion Sq & Fitzwilliam St.
    2. No dress code
    3. Special Days - top of Grafton st.

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The fitz on Sunday at 6:30 have a freeroll which is very n00b friendly, at 9 they have a 20-in which is a good fun game...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DeVore wrote:
    The fitz on Sunday at 6:30 have a freeroll which is very n00b friendly, at 9 they have a 20-in which is a good fun game...

DeV.

I hate the 20in game, you get 1000 chips at the start, which means AJ is quite a good hand, grrrr. Anyway somebody start an flame war quick, Im bored in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AMcG

darc wrote:
    Also does anyone know where you can get decent chips in Dublin, preferably in a case. All that I can find down here is cheap nasty crap.
    These ones are great: http://www.thegolfhq.com/Products.asp?CategoryID=55 . I discovered them through others on this forum and bought the 500. As you can see it's under €100 including delivery and they were delivered within 4 days.

Advertisement