Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you recognise Freshers?

Options
  • 22-09-2004 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Do they stand out to you at uni? I don't notice any difference but Fresher magazines always go on about how obvious they are and how innocent they look and so on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Yes, no doubt about it.

It's that slutty look in the birds eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Oh yeah. I can spot the DKIT freshers a mile off. Most of them are dressed up to the nines like its the first time they've been allowed out in the daytime with makeup on. It usually wears off by Christmas, whereupon they realise there's no point.

A pair of freshers walked past in the corridor the other day and said loudly "They're very scruffy around here, aren't they?" I assume she was referring to me, since I hadn't shaved in about 3 weeks. I have every confidence she'll have dropped that attitude in 3 months time, and joined the rest of us in scruffy normality.

I don't know how I ever expected to get into clubs at that age - I take one look at a fresher these days, and think to myself "There's no way (s)he is old enough to be here!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Up until about feb/march freshers might as well be wearing neon hats with bells..
    They have an aura of awe and naivety, their conversations are loud and inevitably involve something new they found out about the college. It aint until they start worrying about exams and hitting the grindstone somewhat that they become indistinguishable..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was coming out of a computer room a few days ago in college (G15 Science) and there were 2 first years standing at the lockers asking 'Is that a computer room in there?'... They do stand out. Especially arts students with the look of being completely lost in a lecture theatre with 600 people... And 1st commerce have a lecture in science. They all travel down in a group, like they're gonna catch geek if they stray from the commerce group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

So if i fall asleep and am as much of a lazy layabout scruffy bum as i've been for the past 3 or 4 years i'll fit in ok then? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You all look about 15 to me anyway! :p

Seriously, my friend pulled out some pics of us in first year last week, I'd never believed I looked that young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

You can always spot Freshers; they're the one's still wide-eyed an' bushy-tailed... Their enthusiasm and lust for life clearly remains... In a year, they are assimilated, as their spirit is crushed beyond repair! Heh heh heh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I don't notice the difference but some of these people are getting tall and I'm only ickle so I don't like that :mad:

Advertisement