Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Cable Modem 1.5MB Service Slow

• 22-09-2004 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Anyone on this service notice speed being slow for the last few days, I'm at 150kbps dload speed at moment (With no other apps running) instead of 1.5mbps, ntl support not much help.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Mines been fine, stable 1.5mb/185kb downloads,
    what area you in, im in tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sirrus1000

Firhouse...just the last few days, nothing's changed on PC...just checkin to see if it's happening to anybody else...cheers for the quick reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I noticed some severe lagging in speed over the weekend , I was getting circa 300kbps on a 750 connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

The 1.5MB connection has been running fine in Lucan all week for me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sirrus1000

Seems to be back to normal this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Nope mine has been fine all week..

Im in Old Bawn area of Tallaght

Misty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I've noticed the boards is quite slow. Even on 1.5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

That'll probably change when the new webserver goes in over the next few days.

Boards is also getting super-busy. the 'most ever online' stat is being regularly broken now. The most recent was early this afternoon - 654 concurrent users at 12:34pm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Moriarty wrote:
    That'll probably change when the new webserver goes in over the next few days.

Boards is also getting super-busy. the 'most ever online' stat is being regularly broken now. The most recent was early this afternoon - 654 concurrent users at 12:34pm.

Most of them were probably trying to find out what was wrong with Clicksilver! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

MickFarr wrote:
    The 1.5MB connection has been running fine in Lucan all week for me. :D

Same here - always getting full speed (on NTL for over 14 months now)
    I've noticed the boards is quite slow. Even on 1.5!

Nothing to do with NTL, all to do with boards.ie. Has been slow for months now, not to mention all the downtime :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

unkel wrote:
    Same here - always getting full speed (on NTL for over 14 months now)

Nothing to do with NTL, all to do with boards.ie. Has been slow for months now, not to mention all the downtime :rolleyes:

Well its noticeable having gone from 56k to 1.5mb which sites are slow and which aren't. The Apple quicktime movie trailers are amazingly fast!

Advertisement