Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Movie/Theme Tune or Score Match?

• 22-09-2004 5:03pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

What song best suited a movie?
    Any score's left your hairs on end at the perfect moment?
    Any theme tunes make you wanna watch the movie any time you hear it.
    I'm not looking for best soundtrack - but what song suits its movie fantastically?
    If this has been done before i beg for forgiveness, but hey...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I'm not looking for best soundtrack - but what song suits its movie fantastically?

What song best suited a movie? Stuck in the middle with you - resevoir dogs. (For that scene anyway)

Any score's left your hairs on end at the perfect moment? Not that I can think of

Any theme tunes make you wanna watch the movie any time you hear it. Kelly's Heroes

thats way too much thinking dude for this hour of the evening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

If you're talking classical, i suppose the part of apocalypse now with the Wagner/helicopters is a bit good, and one of those things you'd love to experience in a full size cinema with proper surround sound...

if you're talking 'pop' music, I think Scorcese managed to cram in around forty eleven corkers into Goodfellas...highlights being (for me) Gimme Shelter, Layla (piano bit) and some other bit i can't remember, but it were a good 'un...all 3 adding bundles to the coke-addled mentality of Henry at the time of the movie when it's all coming undone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The greatest.....The Greap Escape :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Platoon - Barbers adagio for strings - the effect is a bit diluted now thanks to William Orbit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The songs in Get Shorty suit the film down to the ground.

Tears for Fears 'Head over Heels' in Donnie Darko
    Gary Jules version of Mad World at the end of Donnie Darko
    Sinead O'Connor at the end of In the Name of the Father
    The Long Road by Mark Knopfler in Cal
    Perfect Day by Lou Reed in Trainspotting

I am sure there are loads more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭shellspeare

What song best suited a movie? I loved The Doors in forest gump when he was off to Vietnam

Any score's left your hairs on end at the perfect moment? officer and a gentleman, love lifts you up, the final scene, classic

kill bill vol 1

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

Karate Kid - "You're the best around" .. got to be all time classic. seein Daniel son kickin ass, must have been all that wax on, wax off, paint fence up -paint fence down crap but ya gotta love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Perfect day in Trainspotting! class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

without sounding lame...i like the imperial march music from the Starwars movies...you know the one everyone has on their bloody mobile phones:(
    Real sense of evil and foreboding about it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

RuggieBear wrote:
    without sounding lame...i like the imperial march music from the Starwars movies...you know the one everyone has on their bloody mobile phones:(
    Real sense of evil and foreboding about it..
    See also Jaws, theme from....:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

If you're talking original scores, then one of my fave is James Horner's compositions for 'Aliens'. Certain tracks, such as them fleeing from LV-426 just before she blows are perfection. Another great score is the Kronos Quarter/Clint Mansell's work on 'Requiem for a Dream'. I'd also like to nominate Howard Shore's work on LotR for throwing me back to the magical days. And in reusing classical terms, "The Blue Danube" allows throws me back to 2001 as, of course, "Also Sprach Zarathusra" (apes and bone!). Actually I could lots of others from Kubrick's works, such as "A Clockwork Orange" and "Barry Lyndon".

As to great use of songs... well we had a thread on this last month but I'll reiterate: Pixie's "Where is My Mind?" instantly recalls The Narrator in the collapsing skyscrapers at the end of "Fight Club". That's number one on my list because it takes me back to the cinema, sitting there in a sort of numb "was that just as ****ing incredible as I thought it was?" daze. Tarantino has already been mentioned as has Donnie Darko. "Fields of Athenry", now, reminds me of Veronica Guerin being killed, even when not sung by a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭shellspeare

Big Nelly wrote:

Perfect day in Trainspotting! class!

Hi there fellow sheffielder :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ixoy wrote:
    As to great use of songs... well we had a thread on this last month but I'll reiterate: Pixie's "Where is My Mind?" instantly recalls The Narrator in the collapsing skyscrapers at the end of "Fight Club". That's number one on my list because it takes me back to the cinema, sitting there in a sort of numb "was that just as ****ing incredible as I thought it was?" daze.

Totally agree..... :D

Advertisement