Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant

Options
  • 22-09-2004 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

*FUME*
    Why exactly is it that people suck so much? Any insights are welcome because I've basically lost most of the little faith I had left in humanity today. I was at Higher Options in the R.D.S. and on my way home with my friends, right outside Sandymount DART station, a car full of fu.cking scumbags drove past at about 60 miles an hour and lobbed a bunch of eggs at us. One of my friends got directly hit and has a huge bruise on her arm and I was covered from head to toe on one side with egg. My other friends only got a bit on them, but a group of people behind us told us that a girl further up the road had gotten hit in the head with one and it was all in her hair and on her face. WHAT THE FU.CK IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE? A group of girls walking along, minding their own business - oh yeah, we deserve to be pelted with eggs. Somebody give me something, some tiny little thing to make me not feel like hunting them down with a flame thrower.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Just be safe in the knowledge that, in the near-ish future, while you are living it up with a great job and tons of cash, they'll still be driving round, throwing eggs at school kids.

Also, they have given you a new experience, and so have made your life so much richer. Cherish it.

Hmm...enough with the optimism...I say: double barrel water pistol..filling of your choice. Preferably sticky and smelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Its really the mentality I don't understand - I mean how much of a sad bastard would you have to be to wake up one morning and decide to buy some eggs to throw at people while speeding through Sandymount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

I don't think I can answer that. But you have my sympathies.

*sympathy waves*

Thankee :) There's still good people out there then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Egging people/houses/everything in sight was great fun back in the day. But if you're old enough to drive you should be old enough to get a life. Even I haven't done that in ages. Damn, I'm getting nostalgic. Tomorrow morning I think I'll wake up and go buy some eggs to throw at/drop on random people along my bus route. Now look what you've done. All those poor people can blame you now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

please say i'm not on your bus route...

Not that I know of. But I could always hold the driver at eggpoint and have him make a *special* detour. :p

Another pillar of society I see. Remind me to head over your direction when I get my car. Hopefully you'll get in my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

If the movie/book The Hole/After The Hole is anything to go by it's a homoerotic act. (Meant to be spoken like a wildlife show narrator) You see, the herd arise, after a night of drink and slags called Yasinta, to a smell of communal vomit. As they have no jobs they must find a way to get off. Passing a shop of convenience, or newsagent, one of the herd spots eggs in the corner of it's eye. They decide to throw the eggs at people and later go back to their "Ma's gaff" and celebrate in a homoerotic fashion by getting into fights with each other and "slagging" each other's Queen Mothers before setting alight to the Mazda they stole to perpetrate there act of homoeroticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

ROFL god that sounds funny but only that im not the person hit with eggs. Was this b4 school or wat??? Meh watcha gonna do bout it??? Cos there is nothing u can do bout those kinda people and be damned if u think the law will do nething. AND WTF DOES NOSTALGIC MEAN FFS EVERY1 SAYS IT AND THINKS NOTHING BOUT POOR ME WHO DOESENT UNDERSTAND IT????

• Advertisement

Caoimhe- Lighten up. I haven't egged anything in a long time and I've never egged anyone I didn't know. I don't intend to drop eggs out the windows of the bus tomorrow morning as I will be far too tired to bother.

Kevin- *dies laughing*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

dont waste precious braincells thinking about it, tho here I am wasting precious braincells and time when i should be studying posting on a board which stands for something that i cant figure out from this thread(just got here from the "new posts" section on the homepage)

Pretty shocking the mentality of someone who can drive doing that all the same

Btw Caoimhe do I know you - you're posting REALLY reminds me of someone i know with the same name and lives in clontarf.... do you have\had long blonde hair?

i so do not remember that part of the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ah but if theyre sad enough to do that to a random person on the street, i think they deserve nothing but our sympathy.
    plus, you can swan into a petrol station in your big limo safe in the knowledge he'll be filling up your car.....
    but yeah, they are just people destroyed by the mob mentality so present in todays dublin.... but if you cant give them sympathy, like me, a good middle finger stretched out is a good response.....
    seriously, dont give them the time of day.
    waste not a single second more of your life on these utter, utter twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Caoimhe - Those people will be pumping your petrol when your 30. Who gives a damn, just ginore them, don't hate them, remain indifferent. And make the most of your life, something they cannot do with their own.

Dave - *slap* wrong thing to say fool....hehe...eggpoint

Kevin - A++ for funnehness.

Forde - Learn how to work a dictionary....then again, you'd need to be able to spell what you were looking up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Raphael wrote:
    Forde - Learn how to work a dictionary....then again, you'd need to be able to spell what you were looking up...

PROMISE ME this is the last time you'll bring up the spelling/text language thing, PLEASE......................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Heh dats is prity funny wud like to have seen it.Do u hav a pic to amuse us all wit u covered in egg?Go on, to top of my brilliant day, pleeeeez!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I make no such oath

i so do not remember that part of the hole.

It's in one line when Thora Birch's charachter's hacker-manipulater-perfect-CTYI-student friend sees the ruggers do what they do best: Act like homosexuals, fumbling over each others genitals so they can fumble over each others genitals. He comments that what they do is homoerotic.

Caoimhe: My cousin Marie was also at the egging and said her friend got a bruise on her arm. Do you know my cousin?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Caoimhe wrote:
    full of fu.cking scumbags drove past at about 60 miles an hour and lobbed a bunch of eggs at us. One of my friends got directly hit and has a huge bruise on her arm and I was covered from head to toe on one side with egg. My other friends only got a bit on them, but a group of people behind us told us that a girl further up the road had gotten hit in the head with one and it was all in her hair and on her face. WHAT THE FU.CK IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE? A group of girls walking along, minding their own business - oh yeah, we deserve to be pelted with eggs. Somebody give me something, some tiny little thing to make me not feel like hunting them down with a flame thrower.

thats like my school on muck day.its an annual occasion on which the gobsh*tes from the boys school down the road, throw eggs at us :eek: , and piss and cum in bottles and throw them at us (thank god i live near the school so i never get hit)there were gardaí driving round the school for a week before the summer. my principal locked the doors last year during lunch and a group of my friends who had gone to the shop during lunch got cornered by a group of guys from the boys school and got pelted with dozens of eggs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Ya just gotta accept that somedays you the pidgeon, somedays your the statue......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

Oh That totally sucks! like really,really,really sucks!
    cuddles,bubbles,jars of chocolate spread, hugs kisses, a cupla 'ya big [insert appropriate name] bastards!' and stroking foxy's belly to cheer you up!!! oh and a, if i could arrange it, one of conor's picking you up twirling you bout hugs!!

On the bright side though

Btw Caoimhe do I know you - you're posting REALLY reminds me of someone i know with the same name and lives in clontarf.... do you have\had long blonde hair?
    I'm not the only one who thinks your hair is blonde!! HA! :D
    is that the Marie I know that Hugh's talking bout? just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Same thing happened to me and my friends to, only one of us was hit though. its quite annoying. There There!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
    Mathew got egged haha.

ooh god id say that must have been hilarious. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think there is something seriously wrong with those people (and I refer to a worryingly large proportion of the country)... they could be robots, or some kind of advanced slime mould. Can people actually be that despisable?

It sucks to hear that, Caoimhe. =/ But yes, in the future, you will OWN those people. (Or rather you could if you wanted to.)

Possibly u could....even they could own u....who know wat the future holds!!

U could end up failing all ur LC and end up in some course u hate and then drop out!!!U never know. And then those scumbags can rake in a load from selling drugs on the street. And then in that case they would probably own u.....but besides that i suppose u would own em!!

JUST SAYING

Think of the possibilities.....

Charming. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
    Mathew got egged haha.

ooh god id say that must have been hilarious. :p

I'd be worried about anyone that didn't think about egging matt at least. (no offence man, in fact, i would've probably done it in ctyi if i didnt let it all out in the park by beating you a bit.)

Same thing happened to me and my friends to, only one of us was hit though. its quite annoying. There There!
    who was it? do i know them? was it nick? lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

Just be safe in the knowledge that, in the near-ish future, while you are living it up with a great job and tons of cash, they'll still be driving round, throwing eggs at school kids.

Yeah but in the mean time if theyre proper scum than they have probably more money then most people here put together, have had a more enjoyable adolescense then most people here, and will die young ; :cool:

Advertisement