Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Strangelove or how I learnt to stop worrying and love the bomb

Options
  • 16-02-2000 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

For all you DVD heads...

Is this availible on region 2 dvd at all?

If so where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep from nearly any Music Store, Golden Discs, Virgin, HMV around £22. I don't have it on DVD yet so I can't comment on extras etc on the disk.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

you can get it in hmv, sure its in a good few other places tho.

no extras really, the trailer is about the only highlight, but it still rocks smile.gif

dont stand back and allow the international communist conspiracy to contaminate your precious bodily fluids, get it now! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

My vote for funniest scene goes to the one where the Coke machine has to be smashed open to get a quarter to ring the War Room, and the MP comes along going 'You'll answer to the Coca Cola Company for vandalism if this isn't a national emergency!!' smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No No No Castor the best line in that film is "You can't fight in the War room" smile.gif

I just love this film.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

These are all well and good but the BEST bit is the guy rideing the bomb, no question about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Radovar

No. The bit with Peter Sellers phonecall to Kissov. Or the ' I've got a bit of a Gammy Leg ' bit. Actually it's probably the whole Mandrake and Ripper office scenes put together.

This is the best film ever isn't it though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Radovar

Haaah just went and watched the telephone bit.

' Fine, I can hear you now Dmitri... Clear and plain and coming through fine... I'm coming through fine too eh?... Good, then... well, then, as you say we're both coming through fine... Good... Well, it's good that you're fine and , and I'm fine... I agree with you, its great to be fine... ha ha ha. '

' I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think General Ripper found out about your preversion, and that you were organising some kind of mutiny of PREVERTS! '

Advertisement