Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Network

Options
  • 22-09-2004 7:00pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody managed to connect to it yet?

I wanted to get my Pocket PC to work on it and fair play to the guy in the Daedalus (deadliest) building he gave me the settings and took note of my MAC address when I was expecting some arragont guy telling me that they only allow laptops. Anyway I still haven't been able to get it to work, haven't spent much time at it but nevertheless, I've enetered in the proxy.ucd.ie and it still aint workin, what's the proxy.pac all about does anybody know, i assumed it was some way for windows pcs to automatically set up the proxy and I wouldn't need to use it for anything?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I know all the pc's in the labs use proxy5.ucd.ie - the proxy.pac file is just an auto-config script for proxies. Doesn't make very much difference whether you use it or set the thing manually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Try proxy1.ucd.ie, port 8484..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Thanks for the replies lads, I tried proxy1.ucd.ie:8484 but alas no joy, I must try the other ones (proxy2.ucd.ie:8585 & proxy3.ucd.ie:8484). I tried proxy5.ucd.ie with various obvious port numbers but I still couldn't connect. Is there any chance that the only way to connect IS using that proxy.pac script or can all the configuration be done manually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Configuration can be done manually, any of those proxy servers should work..

Maybe they didn't register your MAC address properly?

Advertisement