Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The weirdest films.....

Options
  • 28-01-2000 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I reckon it has to be The Lost Highway.I was extremely wrecked when watching it and all i can remember is a scary old guy cycling by a car,but i know it was extremely fu(ked up.Another would be from dusk till dawn ...I mean..what a crazy film !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

when i saw zardoz there i just couldn't think of anything weirder.
    'cept maybe that sean connery is still playing lead roles that involve romantic interests.
    harVey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Zardoz is bloody weird.

but i'd say it comes second to Delicatessan, on tv there about a week back. Not so much weird as, quirky. The French have a knack for that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That film the Monkees made - Head I think it was called. Also Eraserhead, and Man Bites Dog (which was also utter $hite).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

My weirdest films:

Zardoz
    Eraserhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Anyone see "Bringing out the Dead" in the cinema yet?

Good movie, but it's just plain fvcked up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Delicetassan and You've Got Mail. Actually, anything with Meg Ryan in it is just plain, well, weirdy. Such uncharacteristic movies, dontcha think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Erazorhead is that the ****ed up one where this baby comes out all ****ed up.
    man thats a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

For me, the weirdest movie has to be an irish nfilm i saw during the summer.....WEIRDEST AND WORST FILM EVER MADE!!!!!!
    The name of it was CRUSHPROOF!!!
    It sucked!
    The story was about these knacker scumbags who robbed horses and joyrode them into walls!!!!!FU<KING SH!TE. I couln't believe how weird it was. Eventually anyway...nine of the ten leading cast members died...one got knocked down....one got shot by his girlfriend...one got hit on the with a rock head by his friend...who in turn got hit in the head with a stick by his girlfriend (she was also one of the dead lads sister)

What was really freaky was when one of the lads started bonking his sister....WHOEVER WROTE THE SCRIPT IS EVIL!!!!!! PURE EVIL.....It scared the sh|t outta me!

tct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

The Lost Highway was one of the greatest films I have seen in recent years. Seeing it again on the big screen in the IFC recently was mind-blowing. This is impressionist cinema at its best. What exactly is going on? Not even David Lynch knows that. But it DOES resolve itself, and the secret to the film is given near the opening; "I like to remember things my own way. Not necessarily the way they happened, but the way I remember them."

As for an old guy on a bike? I dunno. Not this film.

- Rory

The 'scary old guy on a bike' scene could be In The Mouth of Madness, the John Carpenter film from a few years back - that was pretty fu<ked up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Anything by Luis Bunuel

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

I think it's called Kronas,
    It's about a small mechanical device that sucks your blood, Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Shaft1

probably Nowhere which is too ****ed up to explain really, the blond one from American Beauty is in it,the one in the latest James Bond film,a actor from Baywatch who plays himself sorta and rape someone and that washed up drugged up thing Shannon Doherty.I thi kthis film is recent enough about 3-4 years ago it was made check it out if you can its worth it for the ending that will have you wondering what the hell just happened for awhile afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

The weirdest films that I'v seen have to be Bad Tast and Brain Dead their both by the same guy, hes from new zeland and he has to be the most F**k up person in the world but their a great laugh all to gether.
    that "I kick ass for the lord" bit in brain dead has to be the best bit in any film that I have ever seen.

That was Peter Jackson - he also did Meet the Feebles, and is doing Lord of the Rings - with plenty of extra gore thrown in, hopefully smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I think the film Space Cowboy is refering to is "Cronos", an excellent Mexcian Vampire film. It is about this little clockwork device that was mad by a mad alchemist that an old antiques dealer finds one day. Definitly worth a look.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Sharf 1 was that film all about some guy going around with his camcorder and basicly just loads of weird ****ed up sex scenes like a guy having his nipple rings ripped out etc. If it was it was on Sky Premiere a while back and I think it was called Nothing. Truely a ****ed up film didn't see it all though I was to drunk so I just kept channel hopping redface.gif).

Kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually draco its kronos.i have it on video and is excellent, if a little short.
    done in mexican and english and doesnt really have any comprehensable storyline.
    is funny though when at one point they are putting him into the crematorium and he falls out of the coffin and wanders off. hilariously funny.
    um, i guess you had to be there smile.gif

Your Imps Demand cable....

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Did you tape it off the T.V. or buy it? If you bought it, where?

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i taped it of channel 4 about 3 or 4 years ago
    not quiet sure why i still have it actually...hmm, i even have raiders of the lost ark from about 12 years ago
    ahhh, you should see the ads...all the old ones...class.
    like the bango one
    so play it in a banjo or bang it ona drum, but bring em back banjo mum!

Your Imps Demand cable....

• Advertisement
Advertisement