Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new meteor sim cards in the post...

Options
  • 22-09-2004 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

I got a new Meteor sim card in the post today to replace my old one, so that I could use my phone roaming on O2 if theres no Meteor signal

The letter says, in big black bold writing, there are no extra charges

However when I called up to register it the girl said there was a once off €7.50 charge

whats going on??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Did u read the fine print? Literally go tru all of the fine print and it might be something crap like 'no charge to get the sim but we are gonna screw with your head by charging 7.50 if you wanna actually activate or use it' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

nope, nothing at all in the fine print whatsoever

There are no extra charges to use O2's cells. The replacement SIM is what cost you €7.50, as stated on their website.

http://www.meteor.ie/network/feb01nov03.html

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

robbin bastards tbh

just go into the meteor shop, say your simcard corried and ask for a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Man, this really pisses me off, switched to the new sim last night and all, wouldn't have if i'd known they were gonna steal €7.50 from me, is there anywhere i can write to, to complain other than meteor?

EDIT: Checked mymeteor and it doesnt show anywhere as being charged for this!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't feel ripped off, my O2 SIM packed in last year and I had to fork out €18.44 to get it replaced.

The €7.50 charge is mentioned on Meteor's site, if you go to the Network page there's a link there stating to click it if you joined before November 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Karsini wrote:
    I wouldn't feel ripped off, my O2 SIM packed in last year and I had to fork out €18.44 to get it replaced.

The €7.50 charge is mentioned on Meteor's site, if you go to the Network page there's a link there stating to click it if you joined before November 2003.

True enough, but they NEVER mentioned the €7.50 charge in the letter i got with the sim, never, there wasn't even anything saying check this link for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

A new vodafone sim card is 25 euro. To get a refund in the case of a faulty sim you have to send it to dundalk. Most people wont bother, so vodafone make 25 euro on a faulty sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

A new vodafone sim card is 25 euro. To get a refund in the case of a faulty sim you have to send it to dundalk. Most people wont bother, so vodafone make 25 euro on a faulty sim.

On Vodafone a prepaid number gets the sim change free in an agents for a faulty sim.
    You are correct for billpay you need to send the sim back and the charge is then credited back to your bill but most agents will offer to do this for you.

Advertisement