Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S.America/Asia - help!

• 22-09-2004 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

can anyone recommend somewhere in central/south america or asia that's DIRT CHEAP for me to go to next summer????

i have to exclude thailand and cambodia and that general area i believe cause of the monsoon season.

so if anyone has ANY help whatsoever, i would be realllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy grateful.

slán

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Gav99

I wouldn't let the monsoon season put you off going to either of those countries. In Thailand in late Sept/Oct it may rain for an hour a day which isn't a problem but if you go during our summer (june-Aug) the weather will be fine.
    I've only ever been there in Monsoon season actually. The prices go down and it's less busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ez

I went to Peru & Bolivia 2 years ago (May) and was really impressed. Expensive to fly to but cheap when you get there. Going to Cambodia & Vietnam next month. Was also in Thailand a few years ago during the monsoon season and it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I can highly recommend the phillipines. Was there in June and even though this is the start of the rainy season, we didnt seem much of this until the day we were heading for the airport.

The vast majority of them speak english, their culture has been highly influenced by the us/europe. You can fly there for about 700 euro - probably the best fare around at the moment. Lots to do and see - and its off the beaten track and different. The pi is on most western countries list of countries they advise not travelling to - however, i can say that whilst stuff may happen from time to time, i would feel just as safe there as any irish town/city on a sat. night.

A beer costs 40 euro cent - served ice cold in a bar/restaurant. Everything that is produced within the country is cheap. Anything imported is likely to be just as expensive or moreso than here.

If it makes your shortlist and you wnat extra info, just pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

thanks a million folks, still can't make up my mind though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 fleck

Remember without spanish backpacking around S. America would be a little more difficult than South East Asia.

• Advertisement
Advertisement