Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate SOE

• 22-09-2004 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

GOD i hate SOE, they have ruined what could have been a fun gaming experience for me..

what kind of retard, takes a consenual only PvP game and then inflicts non-consenual PvP by one group of players on another... and then makes the victims pay by loosing massive amounts of play time in terms of exp, especially when the attackers can choose to attack players who have no chance of fighting back or escaping?

I hate SOE, I hope they all get cancer and die a slow horrible painful death.
    I'm so angry and frustrated at my inability to do anything right now, except getting griefed by players who abuse a system that is bugged and inherently unfair.

Please never support SOE, never buy a SOE product, they are scum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Wow, my opinion of them has changed completely now that I've read your vitriol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

yes perhaps it was a bit incoherent, but I guess thats what complete and utter frustration with no real outlet does to you... i'll explain ...

the issue i'm talking about are Jedi... several promises were made by SOE about jedi, none of them have come true.. SOE said for jedi..

1) they will be hard to get
    2) they will be hard to play
    3) they will be virtually untouchable, if you see a jedi you better run
    4) getting a jedi will not involve any sort of repetitive game play
    5) a solo knight can defeat a group of 3-5 elites on his own
    6) a solo guardian can defeat a larger group on his own
    7) a master is untouchable and would take a very large group of players to bring him down....

this made sense with SW lore...

but what we got was only the first two bits. hard to get , hard to play, but ultimately weaker than many of the normal easily availible charecters out there.

the jedi community as it formed cried foul and were promised a revamp, this was pushed back and back and back.. I personally waited several months for this carrot on the stick before finally giving up.

The revamp came...
    i heard it was "better" so I came back, thoguht i'd give it a second chance...
    but rather than addressing the main concerns they only made things worse, they fixed a COUPLE of unbearable things like (perma death), imagine that, perma death on a charecter that is nearly impossible to level? in a game where you can die simply buy loosing your connection. But by and large they nerfed us, and nerfed us some more..

the removed the jedi's abilities to wear armor. you have to wear a jedi robe instead. We were promised that the jedi robes would be as good as the best armor in the game, instead the robes are worthless to the point where people would rather where bounty hunter engineered clothing. They robes were supposed to have innate defences which the devs claimed were "hidden". this is a lie, its been tested extensively, there are NO bonuses to defence.

the took the entire jedi exp tree to master and split it into 5 trees, and made it so we can only take 2 and a half of it no matter how high we progress. So basically they took away half our skills.

the nerfed our ability to force run.

and so on and so forth.

people say a jedi lightsaber master can block 85% of ranged weapons fire.. this is true...
    but what people neglect to mention, is that everyone else can wear 80% composite armor that can block 80% or ranged AND melee damage. while jedi are defenseless in comparision vs. melee.

on top of this 80% armor most profesions have in built defences. with the right template, players can have 80% "dodge" (whcih is effectively the same thing as light saber block ) in ADDITION to their 80% armor, even a master jedi that takes the defender tree is no match for this.

I could go on about how jedi are really not as "strong" as advertised, but rather than go on in more detail about this at length, lets suffice it to say, that a jedi charecter is not much stronger and in some cases weaker than the non-jedi templates availiable out there, were talking Jedi knight btw folks.

This despite the fact that in order to get jedi you had to master tons and tons of proffesions, which was ridiculous and repetitive, and then with the revamp was made even harder and more ridiculous.

But hey, who cares if the jedi aren't that much better? you need balance in an MMO right?

and I agree with that, except, that not only is it incredibly hard to GET a jedi in the first place, its even harder to PLAY one.

A normal player killing a monster, gets 5000 experience for it. A jedi killing the SAME monster gets 500-700 jedi experience for it. Not only that, but progressing through the jedi tree requires many many many fold the exp of that requied to master any other profession in the game.
    Too put this in context, a relatively newish jedi can make 100k Jedi exp in a 3 and a half hour buff session typically.
    Add to this the fact that the most basic level of a tree requires 200k jedi exp, the 2nd level is 400k, the third level, is 800k and the 4th level is 1.6 million jedi exp.

So despite the additional time and effort invested, nothing more tangible is gained other than a right to use a glowly "stick". by the way did I mention how a jedi's only weapon is also the most costly weapon in the game?

yet all this i and other jedi players put up with.... but thats not all.. the killer blow is yet to come..
    Bounty hunters... jedi are supposed to be rare in this time period, and hidden, so.... raise your visibility too much by whipping out your lightsaber to show off and the empire will offer a bounty on your head... all sounds great in theory...
    the only problem? the visibility system that decides weather or not you get on the terminals is horribly broken (another things the devs lie about). according to the devs, if you use your sabre or force powers in friend of enemy or friendly player or npc chars you generate visability... sounds FINE in theory, but in practise people have ended up on the terminals despite following this rules...
    so what happens when a bounty hunter kills you? you immediately loose 30k jedi exp. And if you are out in the wilderness hunting alone (as most jedi are in order to avoid raising visibility) and cannot get a res within 10 minutes from a doctor, you must "clone" (as any dead player does). Only difference? you loose an additional 200k jedi exp when you clone. thats 230k jedi exp.. to put that in context, for a newish/average level jedi thats 7 hours+ worth of hardcore exp grinding. thats 7+ hours of killing the same mob over and over again SOLO in the wilderness.

But EVEN this we put up with... but yesterday it came, the straw that broke the camels back....
    yes , deciding that it wasn't hard enough, the devs have now more than DOUBLED the exp loss a jedi expereinces...

now when you die, a lowbie padwan jedi can expect to loose 200k or so exp INSTANTLY, and then the same amount AGAIN when they clone.
    Some jedi have reported loosing up to 700k jedi exp in a SINGLE death. at 100k for 3 hours work, thats 21 hours work.... for a lowbie jedi....

For the bounty hunter, there is no risk. If for some reason the bounty hunter dies to the jedi, he merely clones and is on his way with a failed mission, he can just go and retake the mission and TRY again. Other than the resources he expended in that one attack (which is nothing much) he has nothing to loose. If this does not make for grief play I don't know what does.

Often after killing a jedi a bounty hunter will camp the corpse killing any healer who resses the jedi, forcing the jedi to clone so that he looses the additional exp. Off course officially this is "griefing" and not allowed. But try reporting this to customer service and you will get NO where.

Btw did i mention that fighitng back is NOT an option for a lowbie jedi player. Lowbie jedi are too weak, and can't even wear armor, in fact, thanks to server lag, the BH gets 5-10 free seconds to attack you since they initiate the attack... most BH have reported that this 5-10 free seconds are more than enough for them to kill any low/average level padwan.

Now to report my own personal story in this regard...
    since this change I myself have lost over 450k jedi. I play in a well supported and strong guild, that tries to help each other.. before this change, i died some times and lost 30k exp, but then i would get ressed and it wouldn't sting so much, only my pride... now it doesn't matter if i get ressed, i still loose 200k exp at a minimum to a player i have no chance of defending myself against..

my post was too long so i had to break it into two posts ...
    =======

I'll give u an example. Today I was hunting on the planet Lok, in the wilderness, far away from civilisation, far away from any NPC's or PC's. I had guildie bounty hunters check the BH terminals to see if i was on them less than an hour ago, and I was not, this meant that I was "safe". And as long as I played by "soe's stated rules" I should not be in danger of being attacked by BH, as long as i keep a low profile, I can exp in peace.

But i'm still paranoid, so I keep a watch on my radar.. low and behold eventually i see a blue dot. Now a blue dot on radar means a neutral player. But I am paranoid, i'm in the wilderness, what if the blue dot is a BH? I don't wait to find out, I assume it IS a BH, who some how has a mission on me even thoguh i did NOTHING to generate visibility. (according to SOE).

However the radar only shows a dot as it appears at 90m from u, firing range in the game is 60m or so...
    by the time the dot shows up on my screen at 90m, he is at 60m and dismounting from his speeder bike. (30 m takes no time to cover, esp not on a bike).

From my perspective, the MOMENT i saw the dot, I was trying to escape. I hit my quick bar for Burst Run(sprint), and set auto run in the opposite direction from the dot. I am mind bufed and have eaten two drinks that enhance my mind pool bfore hand so i have a huge mind pool. In adition I consume muon gold, a 10 minute boost to my mind attributes (since i know he will target this pool as it is unhealable). I also hit synth steak - which is supposed to give 45% damage reduction against all attacks for a limited number of attacks (31 hits). I also switch my weapon from light saber to vibro knuckler, which is an unarmed weapon, and since i have trained unarmed TKA skills this should give me SOME defence (better than none).

The BH destroys my bike in one hit, and before i've even managed to move away (despite doing all of the above) has blown up half my health, (possilby because it takes a few seconds for the server to let my synth cake kick in), its okay i'm prepared for this eventuality, as I have a few medic skills, I spam heals on my health while i continue to run, the BH meanwhile is also burst running to keep up with me, and constantly shootnig me, after two heals, he notices this and switches to my mind pool. which is depleting fast.. I try a low level jedi mind heal, the only one availible to me, and manage to land it, but it has no effect, the bounty hunter is spamming his eye shot (for mind damage) constantly, and my 5 second heal for 500 mind doens't even replace half the damage dealt to it in those 5 seconds of delay.

Its not long before i'm incapacitated, and he is running in for the death blow..
    I use FORCE OF WILL, a teri kesi master skill that revives from incap once per hour, and I'm back up with about a 1/3rd of my mind pool replenished. I hit Force run 1 (since my burst run is already used up), mind heal, auto run again...
    its not use, a couple of seconds later, i'm incapped again, and then deathblowed...

Despite using a multitude of skills and abilities, items and buffs, I was killed by this BH and all he had to do was get of his bike, take 1 shot at my bike, and then spam eyeshot while he burst ran after me.. thats ALL the skill it took.

Why didn't i turn and fight? simple? if i had tried to go for him, he would have just use burst run and run away and kited me. not to mention i would be practically dead by the time i reached him anyways.

So now this has happened to me two days in a row... doing nothing to generate visibility, yet dying to a BH that I am unable to run from, unable to fight back. who has nothing to risk or loose and can grief me endlessly. Moreoever this BH chooses to be a covert, which means people can't engage him in PvP.

Last but not least in addition to the increased exp loss, SOE added 2 more thing. The ability for BH to tell how strong a jedi is when they take a mission, and increasing massively the payout for a successful mission. So now all BH just go after lowbie padwans that are easy to kill and don't stand a chance.

My heart bleeds.

Two things..

1) It's an MMO - it will invariably be a disappointment. Espically so since it's licensed. That's not a slight against the developers, people just expect the impossible from game developers in general and MMO developers in particular. It would take the best part of a decade with a large team to get a decent amount of SW content and infrastructure into galaxies or another MMO, no one will finance that sort of development time. So you're inevitably left with a bodge.

2) It's only an MMO. Accept it's not fun and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I must admit I was considering taking up Swg but after that... hell no. Cheers Memnoch for the info. Sounds horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Have to agree with Memnoch here. Having played both BH and Jedi along with some FoTM toons, and in SWG the more time and effort it takes you to level up/master a profession the weaken you character is when finished.

Jedi is a dreadful grind. Not even taking into account the amount of time and effort and sheer boredom as grinding out class's in the hope of opening your FS slot is bad enough but the Jedi grind is just painful. It takes forever to level up, you MUST hunt alone and that gets so boring its makes you rather watch paint dry than log into SWG due to the insane amount of exp needed to fill the later boxes. The penalty for dying is so unfair. 200k was a kick in the teeth but this 400k is a click of the cancel subscription button and no mistake.

The Jedi class is quite good vs ranged combat class's but get owned by most if not all melee class's. Its a complete joke that a TKA or Master Swordsman which take 3 days max to level up to Master can take apart a Jedi character that takes 6 months + to master. Swordsman is the easiest to level and one of most powerful class's in the game and the mobs I could solo with non uber gear was shocking. With my uber gear I was unstoppable. I could rant on more about how Jedi suck but until you have experienced the class you can never understand how weak a class and how unfun to play a Jedi character.

As a BH I found it sad at how easy I could take out a Jedi 1 v 1. The element of surprise is always with the BH and once you play it cool and wait for the Jedi to be there speeder and fighting a few eyes shots from a good Scatter pistol = 1 dead Jedi. BH while a class that needs some lovin should never be able to take apart a Jedi with such ease but should kick major ass vs other combat profs.

To sum up, only in SWG can you not only take a knife to a gun fight and win but you win with ease against superior numbers :)

Moriarty wrote:
    My heart bleeds.

Two things..

1) It's an MMO - it will invariably be a disappointment. Espically so since it's licensed. That's not a slight against the developers, people just expect the impossible from game developers in general and MMO developers in particular. It would take the best part of a decade with a large team to get a decent amount of SW content and infrastructure into galaxies or another MMO, no one will finance that sort of development time. So you're inevitably left with a bodge.

2) It's only an MMO. Accept it's not fun and move on.

there is no need for the "my heart bleeds" bitter sarcasm.. you don't care thats fine, don't bother to post. It seems like you just want to start a flame war with me, which i'm not intersted in.

1) from your post its seems like you don't like MMO's and don't play them, since you say that MMO's will invariably be a dissapointment, so if u don't like them and don't play them, why are you trolling a post on the MMO forums?

2) Oh i'm accepting its NOT fun and moving on, that doesn't mean that i shouldn't pass on the experience to fellow MMORPG players here, and warn them against SOE. Have you never bought a bad game, seen a bad movie and complained about it after wards? Never told your friends not to buy it/see it or how crap it was?

again i'm not interested in a flame war, if you want to have a debate on weather or not MMO's are invariably a dissapointment, please feel free to start a topic on the forum and i'm sure many ppl will happily debate it with you, there is no need to try and drag my post off topic. I'll leave you with the last word to make in your next post, should you choose to, but I'm not going to respond to efforts to hijack my post or draw me into a flame war.

I do play MMOs. I've played UO, Eve and Planetside for extended periods of time, along with trying out a few others. I've more or less given up on slow-burn MMOs because, simply put, too much goes wrong with them. Developers are only human. Naturally mistakes will be made that will no doubt piss people off badly.

Leveling up is a flawed system to base MMOs on - not that I can really think of a better system - and until they move on from it, we will always be stuck with the basic problem that entails. Level grinding. It inevitably leads to the type of problems you've experienced. I've become disillusioned with that sort of MMO and I suspect that I'm far from the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Very well thought out post, I waited for SWG for a year + before release, I was in BETA also, after beta I did not even open 2 SWG boxes I had pre-ordered a year in advance. It is the single biggest disappointment of any game I have ever played.

SWG can be summed up as follows,

1 No loot, big mobs never doped rare items, ie you fight a boss mob for 30 mins with your group \ guild and in the end it drops a hide or something. Whats the point?.(they have probably changed this)

2. most encounters are random outside the city, with the result that there is no reason to explore (except for POIs). To clarify the GFX are nice but its all the sameey similar to Diablo random encounters.

3. Grind grind GRIND, Exp is grind city, trade skills are grind x 10

4. most or the classes are (were) broken, I assume they fixed this, the Jedi required you to master everything (once they actually revealed this fact), which is uberlame.

5. And lastly the actual combat was the dullest experience I have ever experienced, this was the real killer, unless youi had a pet in which case you were uber.

6. oh and the mission terminals don’t get me started, boring fedex, and broken

I could go on but whats the point? its a disaster, that said SWG players end up falling into 2 categories, those who like social stuff housing etc who like it and everyone else who hate the game.
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Memn you newb, you should have macro'd on your armour and kicked their asses TKM-style. :P

Teeth.

• Advertisement

woulnd't help, there is a delay when u put on armor, each piece is queued in the combat queue, and there is a delay with each peace and so it takes time to come on, putting on the full set in the middle of combat means u can't really do much in terms of combat till it comes on... ofc if he going for mind pool, u only need helmet, but again the 5-10 seconds they have at start + the fact that they start out at range of 64m, if i ran towards em, they would just burst run away and kite me.

eyeshot spam >> me

not to mention most BH's use stun based weapons, to which even the best comp armor has very little resistance :P

There is a delay yes, but the helmet is the only piece you really need and that goes on first in the macro.. so the effective delay is only a second or two. :) When I was PVPing with my TKM no BH had a chance against me, they suck.

Anyway, since you're pissed at SWG what are you playing now? Planetside is good fun.. :P

Teeth.

PvPing is differnt from hunting as a jedi.. in PvP ur ready and waiting for them most of the time, etc..

in this, the huge advantage of surprise makes all the difference, the initial server delay + usually i'm down to half mind b4 I can REALLY react, by the time the macro takes effect etc, even more is gone, thats really an unbeatable lead they have on u in terms of mind.

Normal PvP BH vs TKM no prob, but till TKM "mode" kicks in, they deal enough damage to take u out. unless they suck big time, which i guess a lot of BH do.

Not to mention if they are eating +def KD +def dizzy food, then ur still screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Memnoch wrote:
    PvPing is differnt from hunting as a jedi.. in PvP ur ready and waiting for them most of the time, etc..

in this, the huge advantage of surprise makes all the difference, the initial server delay + usually I'm down to half mind b4 I can REALLY react, by the time the macro takes effect etc, even more is gone, thats really an unbeatable lead they have on u in terms of mind.

Normal PvP BH vs TKM no prob, but till TKM "mode" kicks in, they deal enough damage to take u out. unless they suck big time, which i guess a lot of BH do.

Not to mention if they are eating +def KD +def dizzy food, then ur still screwed.

Spot on the money there.

As a BH I'm always buffed to max + food + top notch weapon + powerup. The moment to strike is always my choosing. Both of these give me a huge advantage over a buffed but expecting Jedi. Hell I can even have a very nasty bomb bot go in first or on stand by not to mention any partners I choose to bring along. With both MBH and Master pistol I can fire any special from any pistol weapon at speed cap of 1 special a second and with a good scatter, Geno or dl 10, that means eye shot will really ruin your day.

As a Jedi I'm fully buffed with no armor fighting mobs at the same time as an attacker. Even when I see I'm being attacked by a BH I still have to locate them to fight which can be confusing at best not to mention the pissed off mobs trying to take a chunk out of my ass as well. Considering how little defenses Jedi have at lower levels aka none, fighting a BH really isn't an option.

For all the talk about risk vs reward, to me its just another bs line from SOE and griefers. BH risk nothing but the low cost of insuring there gear if they die wheres a Jedi can lose up to a weeks worth of leveling. This to me is totally unjust. Jedi are not going to be rare. You either limit the amount per server and lose a vast amount of the player base or take the class out of the game which also isn't going to happen. Jedi are the stars of the SW movies and probley the coolest class in any MMORPG for that reason. Once RoTS comes out even more players will want to play a Jedi so major work needs to be done to correct this. One part of the player base should never be allowed to grief another section of players.

tbh, its not the dying I mind as much, as the compelte and utter frustrating inability to exact ANY kind of retribution on the BH...

tbh I would accept all the penalties, and cowardly BH's coming after me while I was a lowbie padwan if I could get them "back" somehow..

Its simple really, if a BH kills a Jedi, the two are from that point on perma-teffed to each other.

I would pay rangers to track him, pay for information, take Crimson Squad (all dark jedi squad which has 6+ jedi knights) with me, and we would kill him, and each camp a cloner, with group tef.

When he comes alive, we would kill him again, and agan and again.

I would add him to friends list, and every time he was on I would go kill him.

And every time he died, I would send him a tell.. "How does it feel to be griefed buddy?"

The one single reason that I hate bounty hunters the most, is because they are complete and utter cowards..

9/10 they are COVERT, some BH will purposefully go covert to the SAME faction as you before they come to kill you, so that your friends can't help you out with group tef.
    They always hunt weak newbie jedi who can't fight back.

I mean the reasons these BH stay Covert/neutral is because they don't want to be engaged in open PvP. These are the kind of wimps that can't enter a fight unless they get to pull the first 5 punches against the other person, and even then it will only be against someone a quarter their size.

Its infuriating to be killed by this skillless cowards, with no form of redress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Well jedi don't seek revenge. If you were a dark jedi a perm TEF on rebel BHs would be good I guess.

Though i've seen a guy on farstar taking 100k-1mil bounties out on people. He puts it in his bio how much he'll pay for the death screenies saying "This is from <insert name>". Not a bad idea really - that's how REAL bounties should work. Not some mission terminal :(

sorry to say but SOE have completely thrown out the window the continuity of SWG, what with the FRS system etc..

I AM a dark jedi btw...

but the only place where the "enforce" this continuity is on "Jedi scarecity", and tbh its nothing to do with preserving continuity, its just their excuse for letting BH grief us endlessly, because they don't want too many jedi in game, as most star wars fans want to play jedi.

Well, I've cancelled my account, and if you look at the SWG Jedi forums, you will find a LOT of "i quit" / "accoutns cancelled" posts...

what people don't realise is that most jedi have multiple accounts (i used to also and coulnd't afford it). They have these to support the massive cash/buff/ress requirements of their Jedi.

When a jedi quits, its not just the jedi that quits, its also his master doc that helps buff the guild or the master dancer that buffs the mind, and his crafter that sells you weapon/armor/food etc.

Most jedi cannot log in for more than 30 minutes, do to exploiting /griefing BHs. I know of ppl who are already -900k jedi exp + simply from logging in for a couple of hours... they are cancelling...
    with so many players quitting the game like this, their guild mates are also leaving, I don't know/think this is the END for SWG, but unless SOE do something soon its definately the BEGINNING of the end.

Most of the people who have cancelled still have time left on their accounts, they are using this in game to chat with their friends/etc, or to infuriate bounty hunters by logging on and not leaving their house while they chat, so the BH travels from whereever on his mission only to find his mark un touchable. This is griefing according to BH, (yes we are griefing you by stopping you from repeatedly killing us and sending us into exp death).

I myself log in on my main which is a MCM/RM (tbh if my jedi was as strong as this i'd be happy) lol. With my AOE 600 tick poisons, I can stop an entire army from advancing with a little support. I mainly just hang around our city chatting to guildies and help to defend luxor till my account expires, which is in about 21 days.

To be honest, I should just delete the game from my HD and never think of it again, but the truth is that I love star wars, and I love jedi, I always wanted to play a jedi in an online game to LIVE a jedi, it is this concept to which i'm hopelessly addicted. Its because of this that I put up with this borked system for so long despite my disgust at SOE's treatment of their customers. + there is no other game out there right now that I really feel like playing, not like I FEEL like playing SWG much anymore, but its a way to pass the time.

You suck! But yeah, there are an awful lot of people leaving the game atm - mostly the really top players who've put a lot of time in and realise how crap things have become. Most of the best players of my old guild KDS have left in the last two months.

Why not try Star Wars Battlefront for some SW-based online ownage? :)

Teeth.

• Advertisement

yeah i read that ages ago, its not actually as funny as it tried to be.

though its kinda true, the endless BH whining got jedi nerfed so now they can grief them for their own fun.

oh and to add, personally i found the following a LOT funnier than the post above...

http://home.comcast.net/~arudius1/darthvader.jpg

its funny because its kinda true, and in many ways, its also very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

few notes from a jedi in my guild....
    Listen up, Jedi and aspiring Jedi.
    The new bounty hunter system is now working as intended, when it comes to Jedi population control. And it is a system to be feared. Because of it, I myself have decided to change my template and how I interact with the world.

Im going to try and list all important facts regarding this in this post. Vital information will be in bold text. If you plan on advancing, you should do everything to avoid death.

1. Bounty Hunter payouts

Bounty Hunter Payouts Have Been Adjusted Based on the Level of the Jedi - Non-Force ranked Jedi will always be worth at least 25k credits. Force Ranked Jedi will always be worth at least 50k credits.

A Jedi mission will be worth 1000 credits per skill point of the Jedi. However, there is a 3 day timer associated with it. AFTER a BH completes a mission that Jedi's mission will go down to 25K for non FRS Jedi and 50K for FRS Jedi.

Examples:

A Jedi that has 130 points spent on skill points will be worth 130K credits. If he gets killed by a BH on Monday, then until Thursday all of his missions will be worth 25K, after which they will go back to 130K. Taking 25K missions on him does not reset the timer.

A Jedi Knight that has 250 points spent on skill points will be worth 250K credits. If he gets killed by a BH on Monday, then until Thursday all of his missions will be worth 50K, after which they will go back to 250K. Taking 50K missions on him does not reset the timer.

The timer is there to prevent exploits.

Jedi Experience Loss:

That has not changed. However, it always has been twice the bounty amount, not a flat amount of 30K.

So, if a bounty is worth 65K, then the Jedi will lose 130K experience, when the bounty goes down to 25K, then the exp. penalty will be 50K. This helps prevent exploits and of course should make most Jedi think twice before heading to POIs etc., where they will get on terminals almost instantly.

All bounty TEFs should now be cleared correctly upon death from a bounty hunter.

A Jedi must perform a death blow against a bounty hunter to cause the hunter's mission to fail, instead of just incapacitating them.

2. Visibility
    Jedi should now be able to completely clear their visibility after 3 weeks if they don't do anything else to increase it during this time.

Visibility is gained when drawing your lightsaber or using force powers for each NPC or non allied PC within range (32m).

Equipping a lightsaber, starting combat with a lightsaber and every Jedi action (powers and lightsaber specials) all have a visibility modifier. Each PC or NPC (non-animal) that observes a Jedi performing one of those actions based on their faction will increase the Jedi's visibility. An opposed faction member will increase visibility by the full amount, an allied faction member will increase it by 1/4 the amount and any neutral will increase it by 1/2 the amount."

All PCs and all non-animal NPCs that observe a Jedi performing any of the above stated actions (observed as defined as within 32 meters) will contribute to an increase in the Jedi's Visibility Value (JVV).

An opposing faction member who views this action will add the full value of the action to the Jedi Visibility Value.

A Neutral PC or non-animal NPC will increase the JVV by 50 percent of the action's Jedi Visibility Modifier.

A same-faction PC or non-animal NPC will increase the JVV by 25 percent of the action's Jedi Visibility Modifier.

Being grouped with a PC or non-animal NPC who is viewing this action has no influence on how Jedi Visibility is obtained.

3. Tips and advice
    Have the radar enlarged to approximately 1/6 of the screen and on 128m range.

Have the combat-window separate so you can quicky see if you are attacked by a player. When you are surrounded by red dots you sometimes miss that one of them actually is a player.

As soon as you see a dot on the radar, abort combat, jump on the speeder and get away without looking back. Try contacting a friend who have access to a bh-terminal to see if your name is listed.

Have a macro like this:
    /target speeder;
    /mount;
    /macro mount;

First click targets, second click mounts.

Hide speeder in lair.

Have multiple speeders in inventory. 3 minimum.

Always carry vercupti, moun, pixie, KD- and sedondary mind- and dmg-reducing food.

4. Template

Necessary template-boxes for engaging BH 1vs1:

LS 4004
    Heal 4004
    Enhance 4002

This gives you:

3rd generation mindhits - against BH,
    flurry - area-attack for hunting
    healself - heals health, action, mind in one delay
    healstates - clears any and all states
    cure poison
    cure disease
    stop bleed
    forcespeed 1+2 - increases DoT
    forcerun 1+2 - 1 for hunting, 2 for escape
    channelforce - transers part of your ham to your force (excellent)

Master Lightsaber is a must.

Then you can choose to master one more - heal, enhance or defender, or settle with one master and spread out the skills.

4. Group-tef
    If you are attacked by a bounty hunter with a posse, do this to avoid getting ganked and possibly griefed:

Stay away from melee range of the bh, in case he is a inv3/Tk. Run away and spam peace. As long as you dont hit the bh, his group cant attack you.

If the bh is imp, for support you could group with someone overt (if you are factioned yourself). The bh should then get a tef if he attacks you, allowing your group to defend yourself. This does not of course apply if the bh is neutral.

Good luck.

1. Bounty Hunter payouts

Bounty Hunter Payouts Have Been Adjusted Based on the Level of the Jedi - Non-Force ranked Jedi will always be worth at least 25k credits. Force Ranked Jedi will always be worth at least 50k credits.

A Jedi mission will be worth 1000 credits per skill point of the Jedi. However, there is a 3 day timer associated with it. AFTER a BH completes a mission that Jedi's mission will go down to 25K for non FRS Jedi and 50K for FRS Jedi.

wrong, this is broken, if you die to a BH you will be BACK at FULL value on the bounty hunter terminals within 20 minutes. So you are worth 300k, u die, 20 minutes later its the SAME AGAIN. Also the "examples" above are kind of misleading. I'm a very low level Padwan jedi, and have hardly any skills, even so i'm worth nearly 100k, the reason for this is that the lowest level Padwan skills cost 8 skill points, so are you climb up the tree the skill point costs decrease. the end result is that even low/mid level jedi are worth a lot of money and loose a lot of EXP when they are killed. Again to reiterate, this is NOT working, it IS broken, and you WILL end up back on the terminals at full value within 20 minutes.
    Jedi Experience Loss:

That has not changed. However, it always has been twice the bounty amount, not a flat amount of 30K.

So, if a bounty is worth 65K, then the Jedi will lose 130K experience, when the bounty goes down to 25K, then the exp. penalty will be 50K. This helps prevent exploits and of course should make most Jedi think twice before heading to POIs etc., where they will get on terminals almost instantly.

wrong again, this has EFFECTIVELY changed. Before this, if you died you lost 30k on death and only lost more IF you had to clone, you could be ressed by a doctor and avoid this painful experience. Now, however WHEN you die you take the FULL exp loss, and an ADDITIONAL 200k when you clone. This helps griefing, and as it stood jedi didn't really like hanging around POI's.
    All bounty TEFs should now be cleared correctly upon death from a bounty hunter.

also broken, BH are keeping TEF's and missions even after death blows.
    A Jedi must perform a death blow against a bounty hunter to cause the hunter's mission to fail, instead of just incapacitating them.

this makes no difference whatsoever. Even if u kill the BH and DB them, you MAY cause their mission to fail, but they will take no real loss, retake the mission on u and this time bring friends to help kill you, the only alternative is to run away.
    2. Visibility
    Jedi should now be able to completely clear their visibility after 3 weeks if they don't do anything else to increase it during this time.

Visibility is gained when drawing your lightsaber or using force powers for each NPC or non allied PC within range (32m).

Equipping a lightsaber, starting combat with a lightsaber and every Jedi action (powers and lightsaber specials) all have a visibility modifier. Each PC or NPC (non-animal) that observes a Jedi performing one of those actions based on their faction will increase the Jedi's visibility. An opposed faction member will increase visibility by the full amount, an allied faction member will increase it by 1/4 the amount and any neutral will increase it by 1/2 the amount."

All PCs and all non-animal NPCs that observe a Jedi performing any of the above stated actions (observed as defined as within 32 meters) will contribute to an increase in the Jedi's Visibility Value (JVV).

An opposing faction member who views this action will add the full value of the action to the Jedi Visibility Value.

A Neutral PC or non-animal NPC will increase the JVV by 50 percent of the action's Jedi Visibility Modifier.

A same-faction PC or non-animal NPC will increase the JVV by 25 percent of the action's Jedi Visibility Modifier.

Being grouped with a PC or non-animal NPC who is viewing this action has no influence on how Jedi Visibility is obtained.

3 weeks - thats 3 weeks of NOT playing your charecter AT ALL

the rest of the stuff posted is again NOT true. there are people who haven't played the game for 2-3 weeks, and log in to find themselves on the terminals and dead within minutes of logging on. People have been following ALL the above rules and STILL ended up on the terminals. One of the devs even hinted that using any force at all causes "vader" to sense you. And the fact is that this is the most likely explanation. So essentially, as long as you are playing your jedi, you WILL end up on the terminals and your visibilty WILL increase, even if you follow ALL of the above steps, I know because this is what I've done.
    3. Tips and advice
    Have the radar enlarged to approximately 1/6 of the screen and on 128m range.

Have the combat-window separate so you can quicky see if you are attacked by a player. When you are surrounded by red dots you sometimes miss that one of them actually is a player.

while this is a "good tip", the fact is that people won't see a dot on their radar till it is at 90m, and due to server delay. Your speeder WILL be destroyed b4 you get a chance to mount it :) atleast if the BH is any good at what he is doing.
    As soon as you see a dot on the radar, abort combat, jump on the speeder and get away without looking back. Try contacting a friend who have access to a bh-terminal to see if your name is listed.

Have a macro like this:
    /target speeder;
    /mount;
    /macro mount;

First click targets, second click mounts.

Hide speeder in lair.

Have multiple speeders in inventory. 3 minimum.

Always carry vercupti, moun, pixie, KD- and sedondary mind- and dmg-reducing food.

these are all good suggestions, and i've tried them all, however, a good BH will still kill you, and 2 or more BH who BOTH take missions on u and attack together will kill you even faster.
    4. Template

Necessary template-boxes for engaging BH 1vs1:

LS 4004
    Heal 4004
    Enhance 4002

This gives you:

3rd generation mindhits - against BH,
    flurry - area-attack for hunting
    healself - heals health, action, mind in one delay
    healstates - clears any and all states
    cure poison
    cure disease
    stop bleed
    forcespeed 1+2 - increases DoT
    forcerun 1+2 - 1 for hunting, 2 for escape
    channelforce - transers part of your ham to your force (excellent)

this is a great idea for a tempalte, and i was doing something similar myself, however, the way the current system is, new jedi will not get that essential 4004 light saber that they need to survive.
    4. Group-tef
    If you are attacked by a bounty hunter with a posse, do this to avoid getting ganked and possibly griefed:

Stay away from melee range of the bh, in case he is a inv3/Tk. Run away and spam peace. As long as you dont hit the bh, his group cant attack you.

If the bh is imp, for support you could group with someone overt (if you are factioned yourself). The bh should then get a tef if he attacks you, allowing your group to defend yourself. This does not of course apply if the bh is neutral.

his group can't attack you as long as there aren't other BH there who ALSO have a mission on u. Remember there is NO limit to HOW MANY BH can take a mission on u, and in fact the SAME BH can take 2 missions on u at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Sorry man but it sounds like you expect that if the game works you won't die at all. Get over it - that's like saying "I think i'll go overt, but if I get killed i'm going to whine to the devs till they fix it and give me god mode!"

Yeah it's broken, but get over it. If you didn't want to face this then you shouldn't have gone jedi. Don't forget, this game was originally advertised that getting a jedi account will be rare and very unlikely. The fact that so many people have one is just rediculous.

I feel no sorrow for jedi who complain about the current system. Considering this is something they choose to do even though they know it's bugged, and have an alt character which has been perfectly playable for them until they got their force powers, get over it and stop whining.

You've cancelled your account? Great - then breath, relax, and drop it. Leave it to those who hang around instead of jumping ship and still crying your little heart out about it.

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Sorry man but it sounds like you expect that if the game works you won't die at all. Get over it - that's like saying "I think i'll go overt, but if I get killed i'm going to whine to the devs till they fix it and give me god mode!"

this kind of thing really wrecks my head... your making this post without actually having experienced it or been in the situation. So please GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE, you haven't been griefed into not playing your charecter. I never said ANYTHING about not dying at all... I've died several times thats okay, i'm also okay with a reasonable penalty when dying, thats okay also, but i'm NOT ok with sanctioned griefing. The fact is that i DIDN'T GO OVERT, the fact is that I can be attacked by players who are too scared to go overt themselves to PvP, and get their kicks out of griefing lowbies. So please, get off your high horse, if you have some real arguements to post bring it on, but don't come around insulting me when you haven't had to experience the same rubbish.
    Yeah it's broken, but get over it. If you didn't want to face this then you shouldn't have gone jedi. Don't forget, this game was originally advertised that getting a jedi account will be rare and very unlikely. The fact that so many people have one is just rediculous.

what kind of retarded rubbish is this? Why should any charecter/profession/class in any mmorpg every be fixed? Hey its broken, don't like it, get over it, pick another class. How dumb is that? Lets all play the FOTM toon and be clones, wow thats great fun!!

As i said in my original post the GAME was advertised as getting a jedi account as being "hard, but also extremely rewarding for those that achieved it".... but obviously you will only pick the part that you want to emphasise. Why is it ridiculous that so many peopel have one? becuase you can't get one? because it ruins your idea of the "continuity"? I really despise people that moan about the "rareity of jedi in SWG" and continuity, because they are complete and utter hypocrites. SWG breaks SW continuinty in countless ways over and over again, yet the only thing you people complain about is "jedi breaking continuity", just soudns like you are extremely jealous.

I feel no sorrow for jedi who complain about the current system. Considering this is something they choose to do even though they know it's bugged, and have an alt character which has been perfectly playable for them until they got their force powers, get over it and stop whining.

i don't think anyone wants sympathy from a selfish person like you anyway who can't think beyond themself. Choose to do WHAT? choose to get griefed? yes we said to them, please let us be griefed so we can't play the charecter that we spent over a year unlocking, and that was advertised again and again as the focal point of the game. SO why don't you STOP whining about my whining? and FYI, my complaints are genuine and with GOOD reason, YOU are the one that is whining.
    You've cancelled your account? Great - then breath, relax, and drop it. Leave it to those who hang around instead of jumping ship and still crying your little heart out about it.

breathe, relax, leave me alone, I have legitmate grievances and every right to voice them. Why don't you go play your ALT that you enjoy so much?

the only thing I will really say to you is that MMORPGs are about risk vs reward vs effort...

right now jedi is all risk and effort with no reward.

and I will tell people how much SOE and SWG suck if thats what pleases me to do. I have every right to give people information to let them make an informaed choice about playing the game.

Considering that more than 50% of players of SWG are playing to get jedi or to play a jedi, I'd say this information is important to get to them so they have an idea what they are getting into.

Now if you actually have something constructive to add other than

"hey get over it noob, its your fault that you picked a broken class, i don't feel sorry for you because i'm so cool that i like it the way it is, don't warn others aginst this crappy broken game", then please feel free

otherwise i will happily ignore your posts and add you to my ignore list so i don't have to listen to your uninformed tripe, since you haven't played a jedi and obviously don't have a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

^^^

I think that post should be voted for post of the month.
    Pld Memnoch.

I personally will be avoiding SWG until I get some decent reviews about Jedi, thanks to Memnochs well thought out, well written and well justified posts. He basically outlined exactly what is wrong with Jedi and what needs to be sorted out for them to become playable. I dont see any whining etc. etc.

As for Soe sucking, I kinda have to disagree.

Planetside owns me.

just an example of how broken the visibility system is
    So its been 3 weeks 3 days since I have been on the terminals. I log on, chat with some friends for about 20 minutes and a bounty hunter inquires as to my faction.

I inform them that I am neutral, but that I will be logging off soon, since I only log in now to chat. I thanked him for letting me know that after almost 3.5 weeks I am still on the terminals. Oh and did I mention during that 3.5 week time I would only log in from time to time to chat, wearing a black flightsuit, normal gloves, boots, and some jewelery?

I guess I acquired too much visibility by using /force chat or something.

Again, I would like to make my opinion known on the subject.

I would not mind the penalties as they are, if visibility were not so obviously broken. Because then the hermits will be able to stay reclusive and stay off the terminals. As it is now, even being cautious will land you on the terminals if you are a new Jedi.

you pay to NOT play the game, this is definately a new concept in the MMORPG genre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Finbar

I also Hate SOE. I had written a longer post regarding all my issues and problems with the game and why i left. But these forums screwed something up so when i previewed it i was redircted elsewhere. Ok here is the short version.

I agree with alot of what Memnoch said. But bottom line is if you dont like it dont play. Thats why I quit. After playing on Naritus for 1 year I canceled my account, my toon was a wookiee named Waccabacca(SWG forum handle funkywookies), guild was Watchmen, but after new year I mostly kicked it with SYN doing PvP. Having experienced the breakup of a good guild and the slow downfall until only afew members logged on, me mainly the only one due to time difference. The main problem with the game is it was too ambishious, plain and simple there is to many problems and bugs to fix without throwing something else out of whack. In my view the top issues when i left where 1)PvP revamp/armour/food/buffs/DOTs/exploits (used to PvP against a fella with a 600 action disease carbine, he was also a CM with 800 action poisions, he owned) 2) GCW revamp, 3) smuggler revamp paired with other proffessions to bring them into line with the GCW. 4) forget jedi seeing afew run around town every day swirling their light-sabers was no fun. jedi slot should be given to good RPers, its that simple. 5) why where 2 revamps given for jedi???????(by now you can see i have a problem with jedi) 6)JTL make it feasable, not just a PvP twich-fest in space( in which i would stand no chance due to lag). 7) Content, I know it is a RPG game but bringing in content from the EU is needed alot more, ie. smugglers run etc. While in Watchmen we had great RP events against afew imperial guilds, after which the guild leaders would write up a chapter about the event like a story. 8) Grinding, afew proffessions can be ground out in 3days from novice to master. Grinding should be made funny, not mindless.

Thats just afew things on my mind. I plan to return someday in 8-12months from now when the 4th beta phase is over :)

Where do i see the game going? downhill with so many other sound options in MMORPGs to suit everyones needs SWG will continue to lose customers rapidly.

Where do i want to see the game going? to add to the 8 points above I would love to have player commandable starships, not player driven, NPC driven but the owner/leader/second in command can given an NPC or control panel an instruction on what sector or location in space. The starhips should be dockable so weiry pilots can rest during long flights or before and after battles. Cantina's, med centers, vendors all on board. The starship would be a mobile HQ effectively allowing guilds to dynamicly move through space giving a sense of control and a higher-archy structure for the GCW. ie only the highest officer(surface marshall) can command a starship, likewise different class crusers would be commandable by different lower levels of rank according to their power/size. ie reb general/correllian corvert, or imp general/interdictor etc. Off course there is alot of work to be done to get to this point but it would be worth every cent in my opinion.

But for now I am looking forward to Wow, and hopefully a beta invite.

Anyone Know of any irish guilds looking to join WoW?

No irishmen in WoW beta as of yet, anyone complained or queried this to blizzard?

My plan is to import a copy of Us WoW and play on a PvP server with SYN, then when euro Wow arrives i will either start a new char providing I can, with the localized servers.

Advertisement