Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate SOE

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Lol @ memnoch

Seriously man, unclench for a minute. So i'm somene who's self centred, on a high horse, jealous and generally talking out my ass? That's nice.

Fyi - I can go jedi if I want. I don't want to. I want to unlock a second character and I might even make them a BH. Send them after the whining little jedi who cry for mommy :)

I know jedi is broken. So I choose not to go jedi. I choose to play other aspects of the game. When I first got it, I was informed not by some reseller of the content of the game, but by the developers of the game itself.

Took you a year to get a jedi? Well if you waited that long, you can wait even longer for them to fix it. Fact about MMORPGs - not everything works.

And I haven't been ganked? Yeah I have, but I chose to go overt. And when I died when 4 dark jedi and 3 overts all jumped on me I cloned, got over it, buffed, and went back out.

Simple fact - your original character is still there yes? You were happy enough to play that character till you unlocked a second force sensetive character. Which means that when you're not playing your jedi account you still have another one to play. It's hardly a case where you are paying for an account that you can't play. You just want it your way. You knew Bounty Hunters would come after you. Did you honestly think the devs were going to make it easy for someone to become a jedi master and reach a level where they could simply buff, go overt, and take out hundreds of other players? Would that level of total ownership be more appealing to you? Grow up.

So you spent a year unlocking. Boo hoo. I spent a year just playing, and guess what - I enjoyed the game. I know other jedi who have simply stopped playing their jedi accounts till they fix the game, and have gone back to their original character. Don't hear them crying about closing their accounts because they don't get what they want.

All I can see from your thread is that you're bitter and angry that you wasted a year of your life on something that was originally not meant for everyone, and that when everyone started getting jedi accounts, they nerfed it. You talk about the flavour of the month? Jedi is flavour of the year. When they first came out they were practically unstoppable when they stuck on their armour - I know because i've faced enough of them as BH, and as a PvP template.

To anyone who wants to play the game.....yes there are tonnes of bugs. The devs don't get it right. They make little changes to things people don't care about and put off a combat rebalance that most do cry about. Entertainers have whined since the first AFK entertainer started taking away their business. There's a cross in the game between those who cry out for equality based on continuity and supposed professional reasons, and those who just cry because they wanted power and couldn't get it.

But then there's the people who play the game and interact with others instead of playing a massive MULTI PLAYER online ROLE PLAYING game, they hide themselves away for months on end grinding a player that they expect to own everyone. So it doesn't? Shock. Go play the game. I feel sorry for people like you. Expect everything and aren't happy with what you get.

I've seen people come and go in the game. It's 1 of 3 situations in each case.

1) Power grinder. Bored when they have nothing more to grind, or grind what they expected to be utterly powerful and are disappointed when they can't kill everyone with a single key press

2) Entertainers and people who mainly love individual professions in a strange OTT way. You're not really an entertainer y'know. You're a character in a game. When other people dance around you and take your limelight, get over it or go seek councelling.

3) People who just wanted a spaceship and are waiting for the JTL or combat rebalance (see 1)

I hate SOE as well, but not for this game, for their utterly crap customer service. When you have a problem you get messed around instead of getting a little decency and service.

But my point still stands - if you don't like the game don't play it. Nobody's forcing you to. Nobody held a gun to your head and made you put in your credit card details. There's thousands of games on the market, and you're not playing them all. Why not? Because you don't want to play the other games. If you feel so passionately about this, why not find forums of other games and go whine why you don't want to play that game. It would be about as pointless as your rant here.

Advertisement