Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers beers check list

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

buttery
    But you cant drink what you make in the labs in school tho, because its pure! hence the no fun part

I believe you once said you'd try anything once, Chick...

Now, drink some damn ethanol!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

why not?

excuse my lack of chemastry..... i did history instead

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

If you drink pure alcohol you could die. Ethanol is poisonous. We drink poison! Still it has a great effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

buttery
    100% ethanol i lethal..... you could always just dilute it down

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ah that makes sence....

buttery
    I know i said id try anything once ace yeah lol, but still... If you drink it basically you go blind, and then you die. Hence the phrase blind drunk! do you want me to die?!
    I did history as well as chem btw simth, and theyre not 2 subjects that went well 2gether really, lol u were the wise one only doing 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

buttery
    oh i like the ethanol conversation guys, i missed out big time :D well probably for the best, i kinda want to stay away from anything sciency related for the couple of weeks i have left!

by the way i might make it afterall......so ye may not be the only girl there yet chick :) well, thats if i actually make it out of bed that day, ill see how it goes anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

I don't want to read every page of this thread again, but just to sum up: 4:00pm on Tuesday then? Is this right?

Hmm, I don't really want to go around a load of people I don't know rying to find you lot and asking, "Are you from the internet?" First impressions and all that... To avoid attracting attention to myself in this way, I'll wear a bright red nametag with lights on it. Call me over if you see me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

buttery
    Was it not Monday at 2?????

And who hacked the poll?

Ah here... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

buttery
    Are you from the internet? Hehehe that's a good one.

buttery
    Hmm, I don't really want to go around a load of people I don't know rying to find you lot and asking, "Are you from the internet?"
    god can you imagine wondering round the pav asking that.... :D
    actually come to think of it, if i do end up going how will i know who yez are...?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

buttery
    uhh there is some of their pic's at the top of that who's who thread, r closer to the date might be wise to be a bit more specific about where in the pav :)

buttery
    uhh there is some of their pic's at the top of that who's who thread, r closer to the date might be wise to be a bit more specific about where in the pav

good idea sky, god the photo thing was obvious (sometimes i seem not to notice the most obvious things :rolleyes: )
    hrm.. inside, outside, on the roof perhaps? :)

buttery
    Hmm.. how bout outside, just there at the side when you come up from the stairs at the back.. There is an awning there if it's raining. My best memories of the pav are there..

EDIT:
    crank.jpg
    Dinna mind the ruairi head there btw.. he's from derry

Outside would be best. There could be quite a lot of people at this. Will we even fit in the pav? There'll be other people there too. I presume a lot of people won't turn up though.

buttery
    Hmm.. how bout outside, just there at the side when you come up from the stairs at the back.. There is an awning there if it's raining. My best memories of the pav are there..
    sounds like a good a place to me.....god would ye listen to me i might not be even going yet
    ah they're all good memories for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

buttery
    Cheap Vodka = water + ethanol + glucouse. which is why cheap vodka is NOT suitable for vegetarians seeing as the gluocose is usually extracted from fat :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

Whoops, meant MONDAY, not Tues.

Still, I think we shoud all dress in red to recognise each other.

Anyway, the only reaso I wanted to see it finalised was because I leave for the Halls tomorrow at about 10am so I won't be able to follow weekend developments methinks.

Looks like it'll have to be the old, "Do I know you from the internet?" line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

buttery
    If you drink it basically you go blind, and then you die. Hence the phrase blind drunk!

Were you another "Chemistry Live!" kid? God, I hated that book. That guy just waffled on and on and on...

Oh, and Apex, I have made my decision re: the foulness that is known as chemistry. I'm not going to do it, I'm not going to put myself through that crap again. Nosiree bob..
    Hmm, I don't really want to go around a load of people I don't know rying to find you lot and asking, "Are you from the internet?" First impressions and all that... To avoid attracting attention to myself in this way, I'll wear a bright red nametag with lights on it. Call me over if you see me.

Lol, "Are you from the internet?". :D

And sorry, but red would like, totally clash with the outfit I'm wearing and stuff!!!! :p

• Advertisement

buttery
    Das kewl man, what ur subject choices gonna be in 1st yr then? geog/geol, bio n maths?
    Haunter wrote:
    Still, I think we shoud all dress in red to recognise each other.
    In todays metro-sexual world what man in his right mind would wear red? Only black people in those baggy Ecko hoodys can pull it off..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

buttery
    geog/geol, bio n maths?

Precisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 yoyoyo

i dnt do science, but i did do chemistry-i just saw the words "chemistry live" and shuddered-god speed all u science folk

buttery
    Pet wrote:
    Were you another "Chemistry Live!" kid? God, I hated that book. That guy just waffled on and on and on...
    Yep I was. Never even opened the workbook tho lol. The guy who wrote it had a bit of a wierd sense of humour lol, in the chapter on alcohols it had stuff like "alcohol can seriously affect your senses, or can make you loose your inhibitions". Really!?
    crash_000 wrote:
    Cheap Vodka = water + ethanol + glucouse. which is why cheap vodka is NOT suitable for vegetarians seeing as the gluocose is usually extracted from fat :p
    Thats me out so :( lol

buttery
    And sorry, but red would like, totally clash with the outfit I'm wearing and stuff!!!!
    it would also totally clash with my outfit! hence i dont think tis the best colour to pick..... :D
    The guy who wrote it had a bit of a wierd sense of humour lol, in the chapter on alcohols it had stuff like "alcohol can seriously affect your senses, or can make you loose your inhibitions". Really!?
    i had chemistry live too, yeah i remember that in the organic section.....he certainly did say some weird things in that book!

buttery
    i hated all that section, makin the vinegar n clove oil n stuff....*shudder*

Was that a folens book? Was there fireworks on the cover?

buttery
    dunno bout folens, but it was black and yep had fireworks on the cover

buttery
    Cant remember if it was folens either :S but yeah it was black+had fireworks on it

• Advertisement

Oh yeah i had that too. That was probably the best chemistry book out there. Everyone used it. And yeah chick I forgot about that workbook too lol. Anyway I had a good chemistry teacher so I did quite well in the end.

Advertisement