Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers beers check list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

buttery
    yeah i agree, even though there was some strange things in it it was definitely one of the better books..although i may be saying that because i had a really good teacher too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

buttery
    ditto on the nice teacher :D she was surprisingly cool for a chemistry teacher!
    Come to think of it dont think i ever used the revision book either, except the day of the mocks maybe :S in a blind panic wen i realised how little i actually knew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

buttery
    Well I had a fairly rubbish teacher for 5th year, so my 6th year teacher had about 75% of the course to get through, I can't really blame her for not going into enough detail or making it boring. She WAS very nice however.

That book...it was good, but there was SOME amount of shyte in it. Reams and reams of waffle. Thank god I never have to go back to it again..
    Thats me out so lol

Ooh, a fellow vegetarian??

buttery
    Yep :D I've always been one, wouldnt even eat meat wen i was a kid lol
    How long have you been one?:D

buttery
    Chick wrote:
    Yep :D I've always been one, wouldnt even eat meat wen i was a kid lol
    How long have you been one?:D

Not that long actually, about a year or so.

• Advertisement

buttery
    Cool, so youre used to people asking you like 50million questions too then lol.
    The one i hate most is... "So what DO you eat"!?
    that wrecks my head so much...

buttery
    Chick wrote:
    Cool, so youre used to people asking you like 50million questions too then lol.
    The one i hate most is... "So what DO you eat"!?
    that wrecks my head so much...
    Heh, yeah. When I was at my debs, my friends thought it would be funny to sneak some meat into my risotto, as if I ate one bite of it I would die or something. :D

I don't take proper care of my nutrition though, I don't get half enough protein. :confused: If I go back to athletics I'll probably have to go back to meat too I spose.

buttery
    yeak kinda worried bout my debs. here you go, here's a plate of lettuce for you :S.

If you dont eat meat ur supposed to take iron and protein -apparently! youd think id know more after takin vitamins n ****e for the past 18 years wouldnt ya ;)

buttery
    Chick wrote:
    yeak kinda worried bout my debs. here you go, here's a plate of lettuce for you :S.

If you dont eat meat ur supposed to take iron and protein -apparently! youd think id know more after takin vitamins n ****e for the past 18 years wouldnt ya ;)
    It depends on the hotel I suppose. You want to make sure they know beforehand so they can cater for you. but there's probably other vegetarians in your year..

I do take vitamin pills but not enough protein.

Meh. :D

buttery
    Yeah we had to order meals ages ago, so they do know. theres only me and one other girl out of like 100 people!
    The hotel seems really nice from what ive seen anyway. its in bloody newgrange tho... bit of a trek!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i could say something really evil about veggies.....

but i'm not that evil....

oh the other hand... i am a boards bastard

/me grins evilly

buttery
    ah dont, be nice :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll try

buttery
    Chick wrote:
    Yeah we had to order meals ages ago, so they do know. theres only me and one other girl out of like 100 people!
    The hotel seems really nice from what ive seen anyway. its in bloody newgrange tho... bit of a trek!
    Are you sure it's not THE Newgrange Hotel, in Navan? That's where I went, the food & band were very good, and Solar (the niteclub afterwards) wasn't too bad either (although it stank of filthy Navan boggers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

buttery
    Are they strict on the ole ID round these parts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

buttery
    well the same exceptions apply but yes id is a lot stricter then it was.

exceptions -
    u dress real well
    u look really old
    u go in with a bird
    u go there a lot
    ur cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

buttery
    Yeah Pet it is THE Newgrange hotel in Navan, sorry if it looked like i meant somewhere else! Glad you had a nice time there, at least know I'll now what to expect :D

Oh dessertcircus -i read that page u have a link to. I have nothing at all against ppl who eat meat, and i dont not eat meat because of cruelty or whatever. i just dont realy like it to be honest lol! oh and if i did eat meat i dont think id feel guilty about it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

buttery
    It's a classic page though. I really liked the fact that he got emails complaining that he mispelt "insane", that was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Lol yeah the insane part was very funny. I've been reading that maddox site for a few months now. Its funny.

• Advertisement

buttery
    Id never heard of it b4, like the look of it tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

buttery
    read that site link, oooh kinda controversial but meh...
    im not a vegetarian but tbh i might as well be sometimes because i dont eat a whole lot of meat (well beef anyway..that whole bse thing put me off it years ago and kinda never went back to it)

anyway back to the thread topic, i prob shall be able to go tomorrow for around 2, maybe half 2, so shall see yez there :D

buttery
    If i can make it ill join yous, im let go at 4pm then meetin a friend then cos shes on her own too.
    Oh btw, do the societies keep their stands up all week for people to join or is it just for the first day or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

buttery
    all week :)
    and you'll probally be let go early anyhooo

buttery
    All week ok cool thanks, i was just wondering in case i dont get a chance 2moro or tuesday. Cant believe im starting 2moro :eek:

Yeah hopefully ill be let go earlier, lol i mean wtf could take 6hrs!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

buttery
    more than likely it'll be an intro talk and perhaps some forms to fill in, you should be out of there quick enough

buttery
    thats wat i thought yeah, alright so thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

buttery
    I'll be in about 3.. Attempting to deal with some serious self-imposed stationary jet-lag..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

buttery
    I didn't manage to make it in till like 4 :/ was so packed i couldnt see if you all were still around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

buttery
    i think we all left by about half 3 ish.......

Advertisement