Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek film cancelled

Options
  • 23-02-2000 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Woooo - they were ****e anyway.

The more worrying thing is that they're talking about cancelling all the tv-series too, after the new series of Voyager. sad.gif

But hey! They're going to kill off a major character in Voyager. PLEASE let it be Janeway.....or Chakotay.....or Kim.....
    In fact anyone but 36 of D. Every time she comes on the telly - so do I! smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

boba fett is in deep space 9?
    i thought he was eaten by that big underground cactus in return of the jedi?

unless....hes been cloned?????

would someone please explain to me all that clone wars stuff and how it fits into starwars?
    white(how to get of a star cack topic smile.gif)wash

One of Your Imps Does A Great Impression Of You
    He Can Even Do The Ears....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

well the official line from the dark empire novels/comics is that boba fett survived being chucked head first into the sarlacc (somthing to do with his armour being 'indigestable') and went off on a big revenge quest thingy against han solo.

the clone wars happend some 30 years before a new hope (so they should have started a few years after the phantom menace), the emperor gained control after that with the aid of clone armies, hence the name smile.gif

theres a huge timeline up at www.theforce.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'd love to see a Voyager or Deep Space 9 movie. TNG is getting to be a bit old hat at this stage.

DS9 is still the best thing the Star Trek universe has going for it. I'm watching the last season of it on Sky at the moment, and it's very impressive... I just wanna know how Boba Fett just ended up in it, though smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Where did you hear it was cancelled.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

DS9 is the best but don't you just hate Sisco?

Heard there were all being cancelled on teletext, saw rumors all around message boards, checked the official site too and they had something on it. Could still be just a rumor though. As long as channels keep paying for it they'll keep making it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

The current series on in the US is the last one of DS9 anyway. It was decided sometime last year.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

where are you getting your information from?

From the trekkies here, I've been told that there is a good chance of a new series. 3 Pilots have already been made and screened.

1: Starfleet academy (Star Trek 90210)
    2: Navy Seals/Section 31 series (Black ops)
    3: Pre Kirk days.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 24-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Mmmm... 7 of 9 ... that's all I have to say on the matter ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

not 7 of 9, 36 of D smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

A Star Trek black-ops style series could be good, if they mixed in a Deep Space 9 style plot arc, though preferably WITHOUT 3 series of faffing about before getting onto the good stuff smile.gif

I like the two series running at the moment, Voyager and Deep Space 9; they compliment each other perfectly, to my mind, because they are so completely different in style and feel. DS9 is dark and moody, with a great background plot of an interstellar war; Voyager is a lone ranger in space journey of discovery, with some super crew drama in there. I hope they sort Voyager our with another good story arc like the Borg/Species 8375 (or whatever) arc from a couple of seasons back...

The Starfleet Academy one sounds more and more cack the more I think about it. I'd suspect that it'd be saccharine and annoying after about 5 minutes. I have these odd visions of a show where every single character is either Esree Dax or Wesley Crusher....

Ja,
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

nooooo.
    not wesley crusher...
    death to that little sh1t head.
    god what an annoying little gimp he was
    WW)

One of Your Imps Does A Great Impression Of You
    He Can Even Do The Ears....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I wonder if alt.startrek.wesley.crusher.die.die.die still exist? Used to get loads of posts.

I would like to see the black ops one done, only done well not the usual "We wrap this up in 60 minutes" kack.

Or "Time cop" or "Temporal Police" or whatever they call themselves, and spin the series so that it changes all the plots in all the older series (like the tribble one on DS9).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

ne1 know when the new series of voyager is starting

also dracco, im eternally impressed by your endless chat-up-lines :P

cheers m8

This is Commander in chief of the USS Esses, signing off.

Advertisement