Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Recorder on 6230

Options
  • 23-09-2004 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

hi
    got a nokia 6230 today and im pretty happy with it so far.
    (except for the fact that vodafone dont have it in black!)
    i like the video recorder function, but im wondering is there a way to record more than 15 seconds at a time?
    i couldnt find anythign in the manual to suggest so.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Go into Media, select Camera and then scroll down to Settings. Then select Video settings and you can change the video length from default to maximum. I'm not so sure how this works, I think the maximum is the max internal memory rather than MMC memory, I'm not too sure. On mine it's 4 minutes anyway.

You can buy black Xpress on covers for the 6230, I haven't seen any around but haven't been looking very hard in fairness! That vodafone logo on the back looks crap.

Also, I went into Carphone Warehouse to buy a USB data cable for the 6230. €60!!!! FFS, that is the biggest rip off I've ever come across. It's a feckin 50cm USB cable with a funny connection on the end of it. Probably costs about 20c to manufacture. These cables are available on ebay for about $10 if anyone is interested btw.

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

great,
    thanks robbie. done tat now, do i guess i'll see how much memory i have to hold it all!
    oh, BTW, have you tried sending videos to other mobiles?
    i guess they need to have a phone with the same standard playback and not just any old MMS/java phone? i woudnt be surprised if it costs a fair bit to send.
    no surprise on that cable isse...RipOffIreland strikes again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Nah, haven't tried to send a video yet, probably will never have the need to either. I have got a few over to the PC now, quality is actually pretty good, I was surprised. Sound is quite good, considering. I'm using Bluetooth on the PC, but it's mental slow for sending MP3s to the phone, hence the want to purchase the cable.

A 15 second video was taking up about 96k on the memory card, that would be fairly pricey to send as an MMS alright.

Advertisement