Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wing Commander

Options
  • 11-02-2000 12:11pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

This is actually an alright sci-fi flick. A decent space battle, not a huge amount of techno-jargon-bulls!t. My main complaint is that there wasn't a huge amount shown of the aliens.

Draco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Where is it showing? I'd love to see it, since I really liked the games... It was being advertised like crazy on billboards in Munich when I was there before Christmas, but I haven't seen a single mention of it over here...

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

According to imdb it'll be released around the 25th of June in the UK, doesnt even mention an Irish date sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The chances of that being released in Ireland are roughly nil - it flopped in the States, its flopped everywhere, and it looks totally naff smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

It has gone straight to video here.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Nice effects (Except for the Kilrathi, they're worse than the old game actors), okay soundtrack, yummy Safron Burrows. Absolute cheese incarnate of a movie. Worth watching just to complete the WC experience though.

One good thing is that the cinematics/effects team are the same guys that are working on the Starlancer game. Should be pretty....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It dive bombed in the States, the floppiest flop that could ever flop.

Couldn't even give away the DVD version as beer mats.

Advertisement