Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.5k Gtd Rebuy on VC

Options
  • 23-09-2004 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

This by far is my favourite tournament at the moment, needless to say I just won it ;)

I didnt play paticularly well at the start or mid point, the other times Ive won this Ive been chip leader or near from mid point, this time I was up and down right up until the final table.

There was a huge stack at the final table who obviously had very little experience. He would call all bets to the river with any broadway cards, I won quite a few pots of him which helped me build my stack. In one memorable instance he called a bet on a flop of A77, a turn bet on a 7 and then folded to my all in on the river. I had 67s. I mean wtf could he call with if he didnt have an ace? And there is no way this player folded a full house.

Once it got down to the final three, I was the big stack of around 400k, and the odd player from above with 300k, and a good tight player called gary with around 150k. I took a few pot of loosey goosey leaving him with around 50k, then bullied Gary unmercilessly, as he would obviously be aiming for 2nd here.

Once it got down to the two of us, we had an epic 100 hands battle, there were a lot of crazy hands, twice I hit trips and gary had a full house (ie I have K5 on a 557 board, gary has 77). He then hit quads when I had a fullhouse. In general he was playing far too passively though, I never thought I was going to lose.

I won about 5/7 coinflips this tournament, and I could easily of not gotten to the final table. I dont remember any drawouts, either for or against.

Well its off to try and sleep now

ps thanks for the support at the end dropsy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

$3,200 NIIIIICEE win, this seems to be a weekly occurance....

Well done that man..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Good win Hector, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Fantastic result. And the site didn't crash once? Even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

hector is it a weekly tournie?
    when is it on?
    how many players usually?
    what's the buyin?

you'd think i'd just go look at the website don't ya?

ps. well done

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Every evening at 10 I think. I've been warming up on the 7p.m. $3500 rebuy. Won $400 last week. Well done Hector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Hippo wrote:
    Fantastic result. And the site didn't crash once? Even better!

lololololololol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

musician wrote:
    Every evening at 10 I think. I've been warming up on the 7p.m. $3500 rebuy. Won $400 last week. Well done Hector.
    What's the buy-in for this and the one Hector is talking about?
    How long do they usually last?

hector is it a weekly tournie?
    when is it on?
    how many players usually?
    what's the buyin?

you'd think i'd just go look at the website don't ya?

ps. well done

Its on each evening at 10pm, $27 rebuy, usually around 120players, sometimes more sometimes less. The blind levels are 15 mins which is important, most of the other VC tournaments now have 8 min blind levels, which takes a lot of the skill out of the games IMO.

Imposter wrote:
    What's the buy-in for this and the one Hector is talking about?
    How long do they usually last?

Last night finished at 3, but I think around 2 /2.30 is normal. So thats around 4/5 hours, the 3500 gtd one would be similar. That has a buy in of 18$.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭dropsy

Like I said last night Hector .... great win.

I should say that it was probably the best online heads up I've seen - period. GaryM was a very good player too and did come at one stage from being 15% of your stack to being a good chip leader. Overall, it was great to watch (and ended up costing me money on the 1/2 NL table as I was spending most of my time watching your money instead of mine!).

And you're right HJ, there is no way on the planet that that guy had an A when you have the four 7's - probab had a mid pair or something.

Again, well done on a great win.

Dropsy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah that late finish is what puts me off the $7500. The $3500 starts at 7 p.m. and finishes at a reasonable hour. Both of these tourneys are very good. Watch out for Raymundo. The VC boys will know who I'm talking about.

What is the story with him (Raymundo) Muso? I know he's loud and annoying, but is he any good? Thankfully I haven't been at the same table as him that often but would be interested in your take on him as my instinct would be to take him on.....

Dropsy

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

What name do you play under so i can add you to my buddy list and avoid you like the plague....... well done by the way

musician wrote:
    Yeah that late finish is what puts me off the $7500. The $3500 starts at 7 p.m. and finishes at a reasonable hour. Both of these tourneys are very good as long as Raymundo is not sitting at your table. The VC boys will know who I'm talking about.

Ahh once you get to know him you'll like him. Everybody dislikes him at first but if you get talking to him you realise hes a good guy.

dropsy wrote:
    What is the story with him (Raymundo) Muso? I know he's loud and annoying, but is he any good? Thankfully I haven't been at the same table as him that often but would be interested in your take on him as my instinct would be to take him on.....

Dropsy

Hes a good tournamant player, a bit too loose IMO. Far too loose in cash games, especially on or near the button. Advertising works well with him.

Yeah a good tourney player who talks to much. I don't dislike him but when at the same table in a tourney he talks non-stop and I mean absolutely continuous. I get on ok with him and he doesn't wind me up as much as he did the first time I came across him but the chatting is quite remarkable.

Unlucky again last night Hector - back to back wins in the 7.5K would've elevated you to legendary status. As it is, you've got to settle for being in Raymundo's top 20 VC MTT players - I'm green with envy :D

Derry

dropsy wrote:
    Unlucky again last night Hector - back to back wins in the 7.5K would've elevated you to legendary status. As it is, you've got to settle for being in Raymundo's top 20 VC MTT players - I'm green with envy :D

Derry

I would of loved to win it again last night, I dont think Ive ever been so dissapointed to win $700 before! I was chip leader when it got down to the last 6, but I lost a big hand and then got a little impatient. Ended up 4th.

Advertisement