Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions

Options
  • 23-09-2004 5:03am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1. is it legal to have the same os (win xp home) on both a pc and a laptop if i own both?

2. is there a cheep way to update to windowsxp pro? i just found out i need it for college and i really dont want to shell out a load of cash for it...

cheers

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think your first question was asked here a few days back and ColmOT said it's legal to install the same copy of XP on PC and laptop as long as both are not on at the same time. So it you're taking the laptop to college, it's likely your PC won't be on so you should be OK.
    I'd say that only applies if it's a fully licenced copy, not OEM, as OEM has to be kept with the original hardware it was sold with.

Cheepest way to get XP, maybe look on ebay for someone selling a full licenced version?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

is there not an educational licence available (yeh there is i just don't know where)
    it makes software really cheap to students so they have more money to drink with at the weekend ,

ColmOT would be the person to ask , drop him a pm or spray his car pink (again) to get his attention. and if that fails ring google who have details of a new 'search' engine for you to use :) you never know it may catch on!

Advertisement