Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizarre!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

b4 even looking at the site I just know anything involving jesus freaks will be weird and disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

classic smile.gif

Americans are a strange lot, they waste their time on sites like this whilst having one of the highest murder rates in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Cool smile.gif I was looking for that link since South Park the movie.

Don't they know this site will just make people go out and buy the movie they review? biggrin.gif

[time passes] ... heh heh, saw this on the American Pie review.
    That's all I'm gonna say about the content of this, to use an expression of my sainted mother, 'dirty movie'. And for those of you underage emailers who claim our analyses help you decide which vulgar movies you want to watch, there are many really good parents out there who will and do use our analyses to stop underage viewing. And I am proud of and thankful for them. They are heroes in this day of corroded and corroding moral standards and ethics; this day of departure from God's expectations of us.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 10-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i eckon we should send perverese email to them
    i mean, lets face it, we wont get a mail back, but at least we can delight in the fact that somewhere, someone is having an absolute hernia!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

In one of the reviews, the guy mentions e-mails he gets from kids saying they do use it to find films - the lower the score the better.

One of the "bad points" I couldn't get over was one for stigmata:
    "Naked woman in bed (covered)"
    Like..huh?!?!?You don't see anything, so what the fvck is the problem?

Draco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

This is exactly the kind of page Ned Flanders (The Simpsons) would go to.
    While there was no nudity; full, partial OR brief, two couples were living together unmarried.

To think that millions of youths have seen this, what is the world coming to??!...Oh won't somebody please think of the children- *SMACK*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Don't these people like anything?
    look at the review for American pie.
    thats a good one.
    Also pokemon (spell?) the move is there look at that one. very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I like the way they go to the trouble of counting all the swear-words in the movies... do they go into cinemas with notebooks and tick off every time the characters say "fvck"?

ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Wouldn't it be cool if someone hax0red their site and put up loads of pr0n smile.gif
    LAMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

I loved the report for Toy Story 2, the most innocent film I could find there. Although they loved the film, it wasn't 100% in compliance with their morals because of the:

Wanton Violence/Crime (W):
    theft
    fighting
    a video game killing
    threat with physical violence

Impudence/Hate (I)(1):
    lie
    arguing
    "Life is only worth living if..."

Sex/Homosexuality (S):
    many Barbie(tm) dolls dancing in swimwear
    while characters ogle at them with sensuous
    expressions

Think about it. Someone actually sat down
    at their computer, and voiced their opinion
    that Mr. Potato Head was arguing! Or that
    a plastic dinosaur was threatened!

For fvck sake, the BIBLE has theft, arguing,
    fighting, killing, blasphemy, homosexuality.
    What would that score? 50?

As for video game killings.... ha ha ha ha
    How does Half-life TFC rate???? smile.gif

- Rory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That has to be a wind-up! Nobody can be that mental! I mean they slated Titanic because of violent deaths! Next thing they'll want to ban all icebergs from our screens smile.gif

If someone is going to hack that site (not that I'm saying they should)(that should cover my ar$e), they should replace the reviews with ones that reverse the ratings - i.e. Mary Poppins would get 0 for no violence, sex or swearing and End of days would get 100 - big guns, more guns, people been shot in funny ways.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Look lads, these people are different from us. They choose to block out any negitive images that their children may be exposed to in the hope that this will help them grow up as good people.

I would strongly disagree with this view and believe that by shielding children from the realities of the world it will make it all the harder for them to deal with them in later life.

This is my opinion and these people obviously disagree with me but they are entitled to bring up their children any way they like even if this does include the use of extreme censorship.

Oh I agree that there are certain films that kids should not see, and sites like this help parents decide what is/is not suitable for their kids. But what I do take exception to is people basing an opinion on only part of the film (Dogma, American Pie) and secondly basing on an extremely strict worldview - be it christian fundalmentalism or something else. Once kids start taking an intrest in the world around them you should be broading their horzions, not cripling their opinions before they are even fully formed.
    Bah! Christians. The romans had the right idea - feed them to the lions!

Draco

Their not so bad man smile.gif

Some of the nicest people I know are Christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

All religions are screwed up, simply beacuse the allow humans in. The most vocal christian/muslim/jew whatever, is most a likely a radical, which means violent-sheep. Need an excuse to explain why their lives are empty, and instead of being happy filling it with their belief system, they have to impose it on others and yield to their ignorance with the excuse that they're doing god's work.
    Isn't it interesting that no one has ever been blown up, burned, chastised, ostracised (And nope I don't mean being forced to put their head in a sand dune) or beaten in the name of Atheism....All things that have been, and are still committed in the name of varying merciful Gods.

Ahem.

Rant over.

A sad attitude my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

I don't think you know what a Christian actually defines Draco. As a moderator you should be more careful about what you write. There actually are Christians on this board and we don't appreciate you saying we should be thrown to the lions for our beliefs. You got a problem with the members of right wing religions, deal with it, talk about it, I will happily agree but don't insult us with such blatant and uninformed bigotry.
    Creed got it right, religions tend to do more harm than good. But if you meet an irish lay-person who describes themselves as Christian, inevitably it means they are a member of no religion. Christians aren't organised in religions. They are people who individually worship Jesus, sometimes in tiny cells. That is not something that deserves to be attacked, is it?
    Just think before you post.
    What owould have been the reaction if you had put Jews in there where you wrote Christians. I'd reckon you'd lose your posting rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

so you reackon protestants are ok then?

hmmm, a lot of irish people i know hate protestants for some reason. dont know why either.
    maybe its to do with rangers being better than celtic and nearly every irish person thinks that they have to support celtic or the great thing in the sky will tell them to bugger of when it comes to getting into heavan
    no wouldnt that be awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

A lot of Irish people hate Protestants because they've been brought up in a bigoted Catholic society. Chruch & State should be entirely seperate, yet the Catholic Church had/has a hand in running 98 per cent of the schools in this country.

Thankfully that institutions influence is on the wane, as the Catholic Church undoubtedly kept this country in the $hithouse for most of the 20th century.

I'm an atheist - I'm trying to live a reasonably moral life, and I'll see what happens when I die. If there's a God, so be it, I'm assuming that he will judge me in His infinite mercy, and I'll be sorted smile.gif If there isn't, then that's that.

Arguments about religion are actually fairly pointless - it all boils down to saying who's got the best imaginary friend smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Yer gonna burn in hell Castor..... wink.gif

I agree with Excelsior (Hey he agreed with me kinda, least I could do). I've nothing against anyone's personal beliefs. I just can't stand organised religion, it's a paradox - if your natural faith is the core of your beliefs then why do you need guidelines and teammates?
    Most have grown to be more parasitic than helpful anyway. The good old industry of faith (For example, what can you say about a church that morally prohibits birth control yet has shares in Durex?). If It seems like I insulted any of you, 'tis not the intention. I just believe you're ill served by institutions based on folks who believe they're on talking terms with your god, surely there should be no-one closer to Your faith than you.

But guys, learn to take a joke. Which I think it's obvious Draco's last comment was (I like lions and wouldn't inflict a typical old Irish Catholic on the poor kitty's Tum-tum). Every joke out there has someone or some group as a target, there are no universal exemptions (especially for us Atheist heathens), take it in the humour it was intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I have one thing to say.
    John Lennon - Imagine smile.gif

Yep, crackin video that - 'imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can' - while he ponces through the garden of his 5 million dollar mansion with that ***** on wheels, Yoko Ono.

Creed is right, and Castor is too. Religion is not a good force, and the catholic church is not a good force (its position on contraception and mary prove it to be a little out of line with the teachings of the new testament). Religion and politics should never mix, EVER. Catholics are not so good at distinguishing that. (For the record I'm one of those crazy people who call themselves Christian and who don't take part in any communal or organised religion) I'm sure the guy who put up this site has a membership of the republican party in the states and that isn't right. But people do have a right to believe what they like. And I don't want to be associated with those guys. It's guilty by association for me, because I say I'm Christian, and they are part of Christendom. There's a huge difference there. I have a lovely little private "crutch" to hold me up and keep me going, or I have a faith in an all-powerful being, whichever you think it is, it's not affecting you in any way, so leave me out to it. I'll be happy to leave you to your atheism, or JohnCarmackism. Draco's comments, though intended to be hillarious, are in fact just a little disturbing. Still, this is beside the point... rambling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

religion is human vanity.oh no ....how can the world exist without me....i can't die...i must go to heaven....i must be reincarnated....i must cross the river styx...
    you WILL die....you WILL seize to exist....you WILL end. Live with it.Then die with it.

Well said FB.

Thank you FreakBruther, for enlightening me to the ways of the world. Wow! I never considered it that way. You know, that religion was faith, faith was religion and they were both bulls.hit. What a tradgedy it would have been if I had spent the rest of my life happily living in this deluded fantasy with my girlfriend and my friends that this Jesus claptrap was real. Thank that non-existent God that I won't have to go around annoying you guys with all that rhetoric I go on about, hating everyone who's not like me, using it as a veil to my own power trip, influencing people through fear alone. I mean you shouldn't have let me come on here and quote bible tracts at you. My behaviour with this so called "faith", which we all now, thanks to FB (maybe my new God), realise to have been little more than a crutch so I could get through my meagre excuse for a life without my little self esteem and smaller intelligence cracking. Thank you again, now I must go and tell all those other people that they are lost and stupid.

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

By the way, I was being sarcastic. smile.gif

(kevin wins the Homer points)

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

snipety snip
    thanks to FB (maybe my new God)
    pipety pip

Whatever gets you through your day squire.

This is not a personal attack on your believes it is a merely a statement of mine. I neither have the desire to nor the self-righteousness to ridicule your, or indeed anyone else's beliefs. I'm sorry you read it thus. You seem quite content to speak your mind and I too am quite content to speak mine. I find your beliefs just as valid as anyone else's, I don't agree with them, no, but I have my views on why people may need their religions so I won't be slating them.

A big thumbs up for negativity.

• Advertisement

Sirs, aren't we meant to laugh at these things? Oh, no, you can get ****ed off too...
    You live and learn.
    Back to the Chrisitan School Of Hatred And Belligerence (Serving the needs of Christ in Alabama for over 65 years.) for me and my dog. (though my dog, I fear is homosexual and may be using contraceptives so I'll send him for re-programming first)
    wink.gif

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

Advertisement