Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Credit Card?

Options
  • 23-09-2004 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a little advice. I'm thinking of getting my first credit card and have been looking at some info but am still confused. Was gonna get the AIB student one, but would like a higher limit than 600. And I have a friend who worked in Barclaycard and has put me off getting one of theirs. Any recommendations would be great, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Best credit card: None. Believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

A credit card is great for stretching your cashflow and getting an extra 25-50 days to pay your bills - provided that you are disciplined enough to pay it off in full each month - otherwise you'll get screwed for high interest charges. Don't forget that you'll be hit with the Govt €40 stamp duty each year.

Check out Askaboutmoney.com best credit cards list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

mise wrote:
    Just looking for a little advice.

Check out the IFSRA website:

www.itsyourmoney.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Can i ask? Whats the prob with barclaycard?
    Im with them and havent found any problems, then again, i do owe them a LOT of dough! lol

???

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

A friend used to work for them (customer service) and told me how they screwed ppl around, so I dont really want to get one of theirs. Think i'm gonna go for the UCD affinity one from AIB. Thanks for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

dont forget that only AIB cards (well maybe MBNA too) also support this neat feature

http://www.aib.ie/transactonline/

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Victor wrote:
    Best credit card: None. Believe me.

What he said.

Beware of MBNA, very attractive on the surface but horrendous penalties for late payments.

Advertisement