Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Q: How do I do this?

Options
  • 23-09-2004 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to achieve a certain effect in Flash, and I'm stumped on how to do it.

I have a logo thats white text on a red background. I want to slowly move a shape across the logo that inverts the colours, so the background becomes white and the text becomes red (just in the parts that the shape passes over).

I tried playing about with the alpha properties of the box and logo, but couldn't do it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Put red text on a white background underneath the white text on the red background. Make white text/red background invisible as it is touched by the shape, so that the red text/white background appears underneath.

The best way of doing that would probably be to use a masking layer. There should be a better explanation of how to use that in the help files than I would give here.

Advertisement