Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in London

• 23-09-2004 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I'm off to London next weekend. Any suggestions on where to go and what to see? Places to eat?

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

1 > London Eye
    2 > Thames River Cruise
    3 > Go see a play/show
    4 > Cruise HMV Oxford St for all those cool cds that never make it to Dublin! :rolleyes:
    5 > Visit the Tate Museum
    6 > Visit Buckingham Palace is open to public till 26th Sept
    7 > Visit St James Park
    8 > Westminster Abbey
    9 > Chocolate Week (8-10th October)
    10 > Visit Canary Wharf

for eating just wander about Oxford Circus, Picaddily Circus, Leister Square, nice chinese food in Soho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just back. Three main things I did were: HMS Belfast, Hamleys, Science Museum. Whatever about the first two, the last should be mandatory. Great fun.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

by far the best guidebook to London is the Itchy guide (www.itchylondon.co.uk/). When I lived there I always brought it with me. you can pick one up for £3-4 and its worth every penny.

Stuff you should do in addition to the tourist stuff:
    The Markets:
    Borough market beside the Tate is great. Combine the two. But its not open on Sunday.
    Spitalfield market beside Liverpool street station is awesome too. Combine it with a trip to Brick Lane. Phenomenal curry houses.

Unsure about the advice to head towards Soho for food. It is very touristy and in addition to some really outstanding restaurants, there are lost of sub-par places. One place that is great is Busaba Eathai. 106-110 Wardour Street. Thai Food in a funky place at reasonable prices. Very popular, so you might have to wait a bit......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭shellspeare

try the theatre, always a great night. i recomend seeing billy elliot, very impressive.
    here's alink that might help, i think they also do a cruise along the thames.

http://londontheatredirect.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Thanks for the feedback so far. Were also looking at the London Aquarium and the IMAX (Spiderman 2 is on in 3D).

• Advertisement
Advertisement