Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in a web development nixer (er. contract?)

Options
  • 23-09-2004 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi All
    I'm looking for a good, experienced web designer/developer to do a new website - it's a startup so money is tight, hence can't go to any of the usual firms. Dublin-based thang in an interesting market sector

If your're interested feel free to PM me with reference sites or whatever you think is relevant and rates

I'm in the IT (development) biz myself but not web, so no spoofers please :-)

Cheers

Kinch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'll quote for it.

info(at)spraoi.ie

I'm going to do one more site before I go back for final year in three weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KinchTheBlade

Hi guys
    I'm posting this here rather than PMing each of the people who have come back to me so far (congrats on some excellent work btw)

We're still at least a few weeks away from having to do anything concrete (ie code) - see below for details - so my initial post was to test the waters.

I am going to leave it until (lets say) Monday before getting back to anybody to proceed any further so as to allow new entrants time to put their PM in the pot

I didn't really expect any replies but since I have already got quite a number of responses, I'll just expand on the scenario here so I don't have to PM everybody repeatedly and in case it helps people make a decision about getting involved

Current situation

Infrastructure
    Should be capable of hosting it ourselves so hosting not required
    Domain has been acquired so that is ok too

Design
    We have engaged a design company to do the logo and branding etc and should have that in the next 3 weeks. That said interesting design ideas are definitely welcome.

An output from the design/branding process will be the standard 3 page web design (Home/About Us/Products) which will serve as the template for subsequent and ongoing development of the site content

Some of the site elements will be fairly standard and some will be a bit more challenging

Enquiry form (Data Driven) + mail confirmation and smtp alert to certain mobile no.s
    Press release/Newsflash section (DD)
    Current Inventory - Heavy (DD) (i.e images etc)
    Current Inventory - Light (DD) (no images)
    Inventory Enquiry (DD) (non-trivial)
    Current Locations (DD)
    Make a "Reservation" (DD) - (non-trivial)
    Membership Registration/e-mail confirmation etc (DD)
    Weekly Mail shot for Members
    FAQ (DD)

Maybe/maybe Later
    Forum
    Very specific Web Scraper component
    Any other bright ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

it's a startup so money is tight,

how tight...whats ur budget??
    We have engaged a design company to do the logo and branding etc and should have that in the next 3 weeks. That said interesting design ideas are definitely welcome.

design ideas for what....what type of a company are you..what do u do?
    whats your web address...with out those its difficult to give design ideas.
    Very specific Web Scraper component

explain please....
    Any other bright ideas

for what..... i could give you ideas till ur blue in the face but they might not apply to your business model... what sort of a company is it for???

• Advertisement

It's a site dedicated to selling SiO2 to people in specific middle-eastern geographic sectors

:-)

Kinch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

I think perhaps you should mention the budget (even ballpark) as there's a lot of DD stuff in there & that could affect what you can get for your money.

It's a site dedicated to selling SiO2 to people
    try these guys... for names sake :Dwww.sio2.ca
    thier webs arnt the best though!!
    middle-eastern geographic sectors

geographic sectors of carlow, ireland , europe......?
    I think perhaps you should mention the budget (even ballpark) as there's a lot of DD stuff in there & that could affect what you can get for your money.

would best alright

u say u host yourself .....
    what technology are you using ....PHP ...ASP ...JSP
    That should narrow the field down a bit.........

I am going to leave it until (lets say) Monday before getting back to anybody to proceed any further so as to allow new entrants time to put their PM in the pot

MONDAY has come and gone...
    have you got someone for this....
    can you please answer the questions above?

• Advertisement

Chico et al
    I have received some good PMs and will contact those who expressed an interest when I have something useful to talk about with them - soon enough I hope.
    I am not really very interested in turning this "water-testing" initial post into a public debate on my proposed website so I'll leave it there then for now
    Cheers
    Kinch

Advertisement