Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to run logon script manually ? (also BITS/QoS)

Options
  • 23-09-2004 1:15pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, anyone know how to run a logon script manually for a user after they have logged on ?

Server is NT4
    Clients are XP Pro.

Different users use different scripts so it is not a simple as a short cut to a common batch file like %LOGONSERVER%\NETLOGON\script.bat

KiXtart www.kixtart.org would probably do this by getting the groups the user belongs to but that would mean re-writing all scripts. And I can't use the logon script to generate an environment variable of it's name (set scriptx=%0) since the problem I'm trying to solve is the script not running in the first place.

BTW: there isn't a local policy or reg setting that can block domain logon scripts running on first logon after reboot - 'cos thats what I'm trying to work around

BITS
    does the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) need QoS installed to run ? And if so does anyone know how to change the 80% threshold to something higher.

Advertisement