Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bossman Death . News

• 23-09-2004 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

I Know his death has been posted here already but i just wanted to post this.
    Please dont close this.

As reported by nodq.com ..

Ray "Big Bossman" Traylor passed away suddenly at his home tonight. Traylor, who was 42, got his start as Jim Cornette's bodyguard Big Bubba Rogers in 1986 after he left his job as a prison guard in Marietta, GA.

After leaving Crockett promotions over pay, his real life job became is gimmick as the Big Bossman, the evil prison guard, who had a big run with Hulk Hogan.

He was also a major star with All Japan Pro Wrestling as Big Bubba in the 90s, before returning to the WWF in recent years.

At this point his death is a mystery. He had not been complaining of feeling bad, other than a bad knee. His wife found him in a room tonight and he wasn't breathing. Paramedica were unable to revive him.

R.I.P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

WWE issued the following today:

World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the loss of Ray Traylor, professionally known as the Big Boss Man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Inside the wrestling ring, Boss Man was one of the most feared and respected Superstars of his time. Outside the ring, however, Traylor was a kind, gentle, charitable, compassionate family man. While his WWE persona was known for antagonizing others, the real Traylor stopped at nothing to put smiles on the faces of the children he would meet.

Traylor began wrestling in 1984. While serving as a prison guard in Cobb County, Georgia, Traylor caught the attention of a local Atlanta wrestling booker. After months of learning the ropes and paying his dues, Traylor was re-christened Big Bubba Rogers. Not long after, Big Bubba Rogers was in main events all over the country, serving as Jim Cornette’s bodyguard.

A few years later, Traylor traveled to Stamford, Connecticut, to meet with Vince McMahon. Shortly thereafter, the Big Boss Man was created.

As a member of WWE, Big Boss Man rapidly moved up the ranks to main event status. It was as the Boss Man in WWE that Traylor enjoyed his greatest success, facing off against many huge names – Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and Andre the Giant.

Ray's spirit and warm nature will never be forgotten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I was never a fan of his, and found his inring style quite boring, this is quite a shock. The details of his passing arent clear yet, but the amount of former wrestling talent that are dying at young ages is quite scary.

The Bossmans best moments were definitely while he was in Mr McMhaons Corporation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

i was always a fan lost sight of him in wcw days because i never really watched it but in wwe/f he was one my favs . i grown up watching him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Sh*t are yous serious this is the first ive heard of this. When exactly did he die. 42 years old man thats fu*king bad.

last night i think . F**ken sickened by the news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

very sad news.

a truely terrible wrestler though. i remember year before last a ppv main event was BBM-vs-Big Show, almost put me off wrestling for life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lolek

stop being a prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

picture edited out - bombidol

That's a lovely picture of someone beside a giant coke bottle, fail to see what it has to do with Bossman's death or wrestling in general though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Apparently he died of a massive heart attack.

ya i saw that it very sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

All these deaths suck but seeing as there all "heart Attacks" I smell roids in the mix.

RIP Boss Man, you were a awsome heel and will be missed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement