Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C# - Events wrecking my head...

Options
  • 23-09-2004 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe someone can help me....the "wonderful" MS documentation is driving me slowly insane on this one....

I'm creating a custom control as an extension of UserControl. I want this custom control to have a TextChanged event. UserControl *has* a TextChanged event which I can override. No problem...this is all covered in the docs, and on any number of websites.

<edit>
    I have the event coded.
    I have used an attribute to make the event the default event for the control.
    I can double-click on the control in a form-designer and have the default stub for the event appear.
    The event does exactly what I want.
    </edit>

But....how in **** do I get the TextChanged event to appear in the list of events for this control when I use it in an application?

Are there some attributes I should be using like with properties? Or is there something else?

Info and/or URLs would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

jc

Advertisement