Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL & static ips

• 23-09-2004 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I've got the home starter package. After phoning multiple eircon numbers I finally got through to 1800 503 303 who informed me I have to have home starter plus or a business dsl line in order to get a static ip address. Is this true ? I was under the impression that any eircon dsl customer can get a static ip.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Why do you want a static ip in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

I might be wrong byt you work/worked for Eircom. What is their procudure regarding static ips for dsl customers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You'd be wrong. I've never worked for them. I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Sorry , got mixed up. Anyone know about static ips and eircom ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Best thing to do is sign up for a free "static" ip from somewhere like no-ip.org. Theres a few sites around that do similar services. Itd definately be a cheaper option than getting a static IP off eircom.

As for the procedure on getting a static IP, you already stated the criteria yourself :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

You can but you have to pay for it, static IP's are not given out with the standard home product.

Advertisement