Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A test

2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Mordeth wrote:
    i thought blue hammer too

this either means something very very deep about us, or it's complete bollox.

I also said blue hammer....I feel.....brainwashed :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

I thought of a red spanner.....but before i finished reading to the end i changed my mind to a red hammer?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yup, red hammer as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

grey spanner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

um i got "yellow spanner"

anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Matters

I thought of of Pat Kenny and Grey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I thought of a purple carrot named Roger.

Is that normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

brown hammer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kell McDonald

Red Spanner.
    Though I can say in all honesty, what I actually thought of was a red monkey wrench, I just said spanner out loud 'cause I couldn't fit the words 'monkey wrench' into my fragile wittle mind.
    Why a red monkey wrench? Half-Life: Opposing Force. One of the residual mental images that comes from playing too many first-person shooters ( ack! ack! crosshair retinal burn! )
    D'ya think the test takes that into account...? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Black drill, on a red-wood coloured workbench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I got a pink wood shaver.

I'd also like to know why people were supposed to get a red hammer.

I've seen a similar test before where there was a lot of scooling down to be done and people had to name a vegetable at the end and the idea was that most people would pick a carrot because of it's long, vertical shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Red Hammer here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Green Hammer here..

Has anyone got it right yet

Too early to read all the thread!!!!

Tox

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Most people here are deliberately not picking hammer, particulary those who say "chainsaw", "hacksaw" or anything similarly specific. The test only works if you give the answer made automatically by your brain, i.e, a word-f-r-word association as opposed to thinking of an object and then giving its name. You could make a list of a hundred categories and most of the answers would be predicatable, e.g. fruit would always be apple or orange for native English speakers, vegetable is usually carrot (occasionally potato)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Matters wrote:
    I thought of of Pat Kenny and Grey

Hehe! The ultimate "tool" ;)

Somebody hates me! They've turned the radio in work over to RTE1 just now and I'm being forced to listen to that bloody spanner right now!! :eek:
    help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Most people here are deliberately not picking hammer, particulary those who say "chainsaw", "hacksaw" or anything similarly specific. The test only works if you give the answer made automatically by your brain, i.e, a word-f-r-word association as opposed to thinking of an object and then giving its name. You could make a list of a hundred categories and most of the answers would be predicatable, e.g. fruit would always be apple or orange for native English speakers, vegetable is usually carrot (occasionally potato)...

Hm, but I always see things in my head before I find the word for them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

simu wrote:
    Hm, but I always see things in my head before I find the word for them.

Because you're converting the word on the page to the image, seeing an associated image and then describing it - two extra steps, which negate the verbal association.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Orange spanner. Wierd....

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

red hammer... for once i feel normal :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Oh god, its so big.

I thought of Red and Spanner btw.

Yup, I got Red Spanner aswell.. o.0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Green spanner. I wouldv felt more original if i'd said red hammer judging by the results

Advertisement