Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football manager 2005 demo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Sweet - looked for this earlier but didnt see it!

Any thoughts yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i ordered the magazine but its sitting at home and i am off to dublin to the football fianls so wont get it till next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Its quite good the base of a great game is there alright however the score lines in games are a bit of a joke 6-0 wins or loses (6-1 vrs arsnal 5 in the first 5 mins come on like! their good but not that bloody good) are normal things i assume this is because its a beta and will be changed before going gold also i HATE the squad selection screen its terrible compeared to cm4

The media is much better though great fun playing with other managers minds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

great stuff.

seeming to score buckets of free kicks tho.. ^_^ also had a 8-0 and a 7-1 so far.

manager mind games is funny too =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

It looks like they cant use "UEFA" in it?

The Champions League, UEFA Cup and Intertoto Cup are called: "Champions Cup", "EURO Cup" and "EURO Vase".

• Advertisement

Noticed Roy keane Aiden McGeady and Jonathan Macken arent in the ireland squad and cant be picked or found in aidens case hope they fix this stephen ellot seems to be under rated as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I dont like it. Thats nothing new because i always hate each new version of champ (or fm now) when it comes out. Normally takes me quite a while to thaw towards it.

Still - definitely some annoying things in the game such as the squad selection and tactics screens - they never stay sorted and if you start choosing a squad then go to any other screen, your choices are all gone (unless you 'save' them). Do they really need the drop down menu for the player position? What was wrong with left-clicking to select the next free position or to remove the player from the current lineup and right-clicking to choose a specific position?

Didnt mess around with the media much - although i did say that i hoped we would get one over birmingham in our next game, the players didnt like it and we got thumped...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

bizmark wrote:
    Noticed Roy keane Aiden McGeady and Jonathan Macken arent in the ireland squad and cant be picked or found in aidens case hope they fix this stephen ellot seems to be under rated as well

But Aiden was even in Cm 03/04 why would'nt he be in this one .
    Question , does Macken even have the possibility to play for Ireland in this one as he didn't in the others .

and has anyone tryed internationel managing from the start ?

I played as ireland for the demo got a 3-0 win 1-1 draw (like real life) and 3-0 lose vrs the frence (hopefuly not like real life)
    But Aiden was even in Cm 03/04 why would'nt he be in this one .

No idea but hes not in the celtic team ill check again later might be that sigames is useing a mix of old and new data for the beta demo ? andy reids a fecking beast in football manager 2005 so it cant be all old data
    does Macken even have the possibility to play for Ireland in this one as he didn't in the others

No hes down as english doesnt even have "other nationality irish" as far as i remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

bizmark wrote:
    McGeady is in the Celtic U19's and is shít (crossing 5, technique 4, creativity 5...), he's also put down as right foot only when in reality he has no foot preference. I haven't a clue who the Celtic researcher was but he didn't do a very good job (Valgaeren is down as the best defender).

• Advertisement

Been playing for a while now and find it all but impossible to win away from home even as man united chelski etc think alot of people are haveing this problem they better sort it out loseing 4-0 to man city away from home isnt realistic with a fully fit man united team

eirebhoy wrote:
    McGeady is in the Celtic U19's and is shít (crossing 5, technique 4, creativity 5...), he's also put down as right foot only when in reality he has no foot preference. I haven't a clue who the Celtic researcher was but he didn't do a very good job (Valgaeren is down as the best defender).

Ya you cant find him when playing the english full database doh!....Anyway i emailed the head scotish football manager researcher asking about McGeadys low rateings and general crap data on scotland he said it was all old data most of which was unfinished a good few 0 rateings for some players which the game fills in itself with low numbers anyway long email convo short it will be better in the gold version with mcgeady haveing better stats....nice guy that head researcher

i'm almost positive that your players performace increases/decreases depending on what you say about someone else in the press..

if you slag someone off, you get thumped 6-0 (i made it public that i hate alex ferguson ^_^)

bizmark wrote:
    Ya you cant find him when playing the english full database doh!....Anyway i emailed the head scotish football manager researcher asking about McGeadys low rateings and general crap data on scotland he said it was all old data most of which was unfinished a good few 0 rateings for some players which the game fills in itself with low numbers anyway long email convo short it will be better in the gold version with mcgeady haveing better stats....nice guy that head researcher
    There's a nice big thread about the likes of McGeady here:
    http://www.fmscotland.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=803

I read the whole thing and it doesn't look like the Celtic researcher is going to change much if any of McGeady's attributes.

The head of the Scottish researcher seems to think we're having a dig at them when we say a player should be better:
    "But to be honest, myself and everyone who is associated with Scottish research couldn't care anymore, when it comes to the 'opinions' of Celtic fans."

Search for Leon Osman in CM and compare him with McGeady, he's so much better in the game which is not the case in reality.

I read Elliott's attributes will be increased. Roy and Macken will also be sorted.

Interesting at the end of the email convo i had with the head researcher he said
    No problem, I really don't mind replying to polite queries such as yours.
    It's when i get insulted by some Celtic fans on a yearly basis for not
    overrating their latest gem that irritates me :D

Cheers

I guess you can understand that these guys arent been payed for their work (i think) it must be a pain to be insulted because you got one player wrong or havent meet other peoples estimation of the player's skills

also this is what he said about Aiden
    Regardless of this though, McGeady isnt a world-beater yet - he's played
    only 7 games for Celtic. So dont expect scores for him in the 15+ region.
    But certainly those stats that you have seen are too low.

So i guess thats fair
    I read Elliott's attributes will be increased.

Ya the sunderland researcher didnt have enough time to fully judge elliott after his transfer from man city before the beta data had to be in apperently he will be better in the gold data

Good news Bizmark. The Scottish researcher brings a lot of it on himself though. He never once said in that thread that McGeady's attributes will be increased and judging by your reply he is planning to, why doesn't he just tell everyone that the attributes will be increased and they'll all stop moaning? The Sunderland researcher said he'll increase Elliott's attributes and that was that, if only Stuart would do the same.

I've yet to actually play a game on the demo. :confused: I'll give it a go now.

Ah well all that matters is its been fixed

enjoy your game :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    He never once said in that thread that McGeady's attributes will be increased and judging by your reply he is planning to, why doesn't he just tell everyone that the attributes will be increased and they'll all stop moaning?
    If he did say that, then didn't up them high enough in celtic fans book, they'd only moan moan more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

I don't like the new interface at all.

Liverpool just break my heart. It doesn't help having all the other managers sneering either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

when is the full version due out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Early November I think .

the 5th :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

There's an annoying problem with the team selection, if you have a player selected to start and another on the bench and you want to swap them its a pain in the arse. When you select their new positions the fist player disappears off the team sheet while the other player moves to the new position. They do in fact make the correct switch but it doesn't show it until you refresh the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I've found it good. There are some good new options in the media. And while it's only the beta demo it seems fast enough. Although I still have to check out some of the options about playing matches in the background to see how they go.

The split screen view in matches is good but I've found that it can be a bit annoying when it jumps from split to full and back sometimes quickly so you can't actually see what's going on.
    There's an annoying problem with the team selection, if you have a player selected to start and another on the bench and you want to swap them its a pain in the arse. When you select their new positions the fist player disappears off the team sheet while the other player moves to the new position. They do in fact make the correct switch but it doesn't show it until you refresh the screen.

I've found that annoying aswell. But if you drag and drop the positions they change ok.

Another annoying thing is the fact that whenever you view a squad it automatically goes and organizes them by price (or is it name can't remember now). I much pefer to see them by position and can't find a way to automatically change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Has anyone downloaded it for windows 98, because a little birdy has told me it wont work. True?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=194777

Check out my thread on where to get FM2005 for £18, if anyone can find it cheaper, then let me know before I go off and order.

Advertisement